The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Drop by Loki Kross (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsLFRjdyxlM&feature=youtu.be

A simple, easy way to do multi-dimensional levitations, on the fly.
Instant reset, Endless Creative Options.
Many techniques and effects taught.

"Dead Drop is a revolution! With extensive knowledge in thread work, witnessing Dead Drop first hand still fried the F*#% out of me!! Especially when the spectator plucks the ring out of mid-air!! Brilliant!!" - Morgan Strebler

"Dead Drop is the future of levitation, because it enables full control over borrowed objects without any funny set-ups - a worker's dream!" - Kevin Schaller

"DD had me skeptical until I saw the principle of it. I immediately worked it. It is super practical and usable. Having worked many reels/autos, this is the one I see using from here on. For the routines given and others as well." - Chris Wiehl

(720P)

Gimmick can be made in a couple minutes for less than 5$ at most grocery/drug stores and large retailers.
Most likely you will have what is needed to start with.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Looks like loop work to me.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
No link because it hasn't been released yet.

I got a review copy and here are my thoughts:

Dead Drop is a very clever new hookup by the ingenious mind of Loki. It allows you to do things that were somewhat possible before, but to do them in a new and practical way. The setup is unlike anything I've seen before. I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that is uses IT.

The setup that Loki offers is new and innovative. He also teaches you how to make an inexpensive IT dispenser that is used in conjunction with the hookup. It is disguised inside of an ordinary object, which wouldn't seem too out of place if you took it out, but you don't really have to. Now, the part we all care about: what makes this different than previous hookups? Well, a few things. First off, it has more of an organic feel to it, just like Smokey Magic v2 has on Vapr. You feel more connected to the system. You can do things with this that other systems can't do, and vice versa. I'm not saying it's perfect, far from it, but it is innovative and probably one of the best available to purchase. You couldn't do this naked, just for my nudist friends out there. The reset is instant, except if the hookup breaks, which shouldn't be frequent, that would take between 5 sec and a minute, most likely a smaller amount of time than 1 mn.

Ulises does a good job in the video as he plays the part of the purchaser, making the gimmick for the first time and following along. The camera quality is good, HD. Nothing extra crisp though, but it will EASILY get the job done, and well. There are a few cameras which make the learning experience easier and more pleasant, and no unnecessary cuts at ALL, which I appreciate. It's a laid back environment. So what can they examine at the end? Well, one of the best things (and I should have mentioned this earlier) is that there is no wax used on the object itself, and that's a MASSIVE thumbs up from me. They can touch your hands, but keep in mind that unlike an IET band, they might feel something, as the setup is instantly ready to go and is.... "connected"... to you, but I don't feel that is a problem, as why would you have someone touch your hands? That's just telling them the method!

So to conclude, it does have drawbacks but several + points which for me, and I imagine for 98 % of people, will make this a very worthy purchase and a practical solution with a new, innovative hookup.

I like it and recommend it.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Forgot to mention, Loki is easy to contact and is very nice, so no problem there. Another thing is that this hookup allows you to levitate heavier objects.
Ulises Galeano
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
132 Posts

Profile of Ulises Galeano
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2014, mysticalsales wrote:

haha, Nope, A loop would get destroyed if you used it with this system, you can pick up an entire deck of cards with it.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Having the spectator take it from mid-air looks SO GOOD!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2014, Ulises Galeano wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2014, mysticalsales wrote:

haha, Nope, A loop would get destroyed if you used it with this system, you can pick up an entire deck of cards with it.

Ha ha.. than IT.

Keep us in the loop as Loki is always innovative.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hey thanks for the post and review Sasha. Smile

And thank you for the kind words guys.

As for what it is/isn't...
It is not a loop, nor even a strong IT loop.
I can see where with some effects it may appear like that, but this does things that a simple loop cannot.
Much more control is the key point here.

So I would compare it more to being like SpiderMan. Smile

Hope that helps; and stay tuned as I will be releasing this later this week, and will be selling it the first 24 hours at 40% off.

Let me know if you have any questions, this one has been a long time in the oven Smile
L
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
"Is that your mind?"
Love it!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2014, Xiqual wrote:
"Is that your mind?"
Love it!
James

Haha!

That guy was classic.
We ended up performing for him a bit because his reactions were priceless.

I think Ulises counted something like 11 "woahs" in that video.
He keeps doing it after he loses the will to speak anymore.
To be fair, somewhere in there I CR'd the year and month he got married. Lol.

My magic sometimes makes babies cry, they know when the universe is not in order; but I don't think that will pass over when you learn it Smile

Lol.

This will be out in a couple days, I hope it is enjoyed.

L
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2014, barts185 wrote:

It looks so good that I was doing it at least 6 years ago! Here is a video of me doing just that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_dKofm6qhs

I'll take the typical 10% of each sold. Thank You!
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2014, Chad Sanborn wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2014, barts185 wrote:

It looks so good that I was doing it at least 6 years ago! Here is a video of me doing just that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_dKofm6qhs

While it is a great performance you have posted, I have to tell you - Dead Drop does not use loops. It is more than just a hook-up; something I highly recommend checking out and using!

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hey Chad, cool video! Smile

Just think, with this you will also be able to toss a ring in any direction, and have it freeze in space.
You will be able to move your hands around it, or it around your hands.

It will really give you a lot of options with your ring levs.

And of course, you can immediately go into the other effects, like the "Poltergeist" haunted pack, and more! Smile

I am releasing this tomorrow guys, and will have a sale to open with as well!

Looking forward to sharing this with everyone.
L
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
I really like the *idea* of IT but so far I haven't found a product/setup that really pleased me. (I was pretty disappointed with the Tarantula, for instance.)
This might just be it.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I just posted my video to show that someone taking the floating ring from mid air is NOT a new idea. I can appreciate a new thread hookup as much as anyone, so long as it allows you to do new effects. And that aspect is not new.

Good luck on the sales though. Its good to know that my ideas are marketable.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hi Chad,

I never laid claim to being the first person to have a spectator pull a ring out of the air Smile
Although I had never seen another until your video just now, so kudos.

There will be plenty of new effects that can be done with this, rest assured. It is designed to promote creativity.

And never discount your ideas, you never know where they could lead you!

Thanks for the encouragement!
L
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
With Invisible from Damien Savina, you can also let the spectator take the ring in mid air.

Can't wait to see it Loki Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
Is this a DVD or DL?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Terry Lunceford was way ahead of all you guys. Derren Brown even uses his hookup in his book.
Looks great Loki, can't wait to see it.
James

Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, lokikross wrote:
Hi Chad,

I never laid claim to being the first person to have a spectator pull a ring out of the air Smile
Although I had never seen another until your video just now, so kudos.

There will be plenty of new effects that can be done with this, rest assured. It is designed to promote creativity.

And never discount your ideas, you never know where they could lead you!

Thanks for the encouragement!
L
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, Alex DLF wrote:
With Invisible from Damien Savina, you can also let the spectator take the ring in mid air.

Thanks Alex! I had forgotten about "Invisible". Smile You are right.
Different methods, and appearance; but I remember the finger push, and surely you could grab it as well.

Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, Gaz_Japan wrote:
Is this a DVD or DL?

It is a DL Gaz. Smile
For a very specific reason.
What is taught here, is very low tech in build; but a bit more advanced in hook up.
The gimmick is made from such common parts, I could not see adding in costs for DVD, Shipping, the 4-5$ in gimmicks, 3 minute build per, and then appropriating thread.

This originally was coming out through a major in this area of magic; due to contract I cannot get into it, but they were going to just include IT/dispenser and charge 50$

In this you get the full set of ring phases, the wallet effect, and multiple takes on classics with 4 different ways to use the hook up.
It is like a Spiderman/Transformer Crossover. lol

This keeps it really fair and easy to approach, as you may have gotten my specific choices in IT, and not liked it.
So I sold the rights to the hook up to them, and kept it exclusive on my site as part of the arrangement.
(Read into that how you will. I cannot elaborate. Smile )

Quote:
On Jun 4, 2014, Xiqual wrote:
Terry Lunceford was way ahead of all you guys. Derren Brown even uses his hookup in his book.
Looks great Loki, can't wait to see it.
James

Hey James, thanks for the positive energy, and the info!
Lunceford was what I thought I was originally taught before I made this.
I'll explain below. Smile

Since some are inquiring, and I'm not shy, I will share some history that I also share on the video:

This originated in 2011 when I was doing street magic in Vegas.
I had done some club gigs and Hover Ring (Tarantula), was a great piece.
On the streets though, wax would get too soft. (100+ degrees on the strip).
So it was unusable as a crowd draw.

Fast forward to some sessions with Paul Vigil. He showed me a ring lev, that was anchored. I wanted it mobile. I'm like that.

I worked on it for a year, multiple moves, displays, finishes, etc.

I saw him again, and showed him; asking if it was a "Lunceford" he was doing.
(As I had done some research at this point, but knew it was anchored unlike mine).

He told me it was something that he just did, I showed him my work on it; and he approved.

At that point, some major publishers started tracking me down, and my hook up passed enough approval that one IT brand bought the rights to the hook up, but let me still publish it as my own. (Silent Partner scenario).

In the product I discuss this, and name "Tarantula"; so I have permission to do so. Smile
Meaning, a lot of players in this niche are aware of my release.

I hope that brings some history to this, and also answers some questions.

L
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Drop by Loki Kross (56 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL