The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Past Life Regression (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
I got into an interesting discussion today with a professor who is seeing a hypnotist for weightloss/quit smoking, and did a past life regression. He said that he was a Cherokee Indian killed in a battle with the Cavalry. Anyone else have any experiences with this?
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
In my previous life I was a skeptic who didn't believe in such things.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You have to suspect a person that claims to have been a “Cherokee” killed by the Calvary. It sounds more like Hollywood than Past Life Regression. If he has regressed himself or been regressed then he would have probably called himself an Aniyunwiya (“the principle people”) rather than Cherokee. Or, he would have, at least, referred to himself as a Lower, Middle, or Over the hill Cherokee.

In terms of being killed by the Calvary, it is more likely that a militia infantryman killed him! In 1777 the Colonial Militia (infantry) wiped out 36 Cherokee towns killing every man, woman and child they could find and forced the tribal leadership to cede almost all their lands (at gunpoint). This was in the Carolina’s.

If he was a Cherokee that was killed in battle against the Calvary then it was probably during the American Civil War. The Cherokee nation (what was left of it) was sharply divided and created units that served in both sides of the conflict. The Cherokee would have to have been a Confederate trooper fighting for states rights.

The Cherokee were not part of the post Civil War western war of extermination that is glorified by Hollywood. They had already been moved to Oklahoma, pretty well bankrupted by the Civil War, and being raped by the US Congress and Bureau of Indian Affairs.

In all this guy, for all his credentials, is probably a fake, fraud, and poser. Which can be said about all that foist past life regression on an unsuspecting public.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Harry you are amazing! You need to get a spot on Jeopardy. Maybe you were an encyclopedia salesman in a previous life.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Payne it sounds like you are living your past life now. In all seriousness I tend to believe that life goes on for eternity but not necessarily on this planet or in a human form. Science tells us that there are only two known "things" in the universe, energy and matter and they are just two states of the same thing (like water and ice) I tend to agree. I think that we do not ever really lose a grip on the sense of "life". At the time of death we experience birth, even if a billion years pass by between the two. Anyone who has experienced being put out by sodium pentathol knows what I mean.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
How would knowing that you were a Cherokee Indian killed by a calvalryman help you quit smoking or lose weight?

I think in a past life I was this guy---> Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I was told by someone we have past lives we just can not remember them. What is the point after all life is but memories..

Firedice were we brothers or just from the same family tree? Smile

Jeff

Smile
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I think that I WAS an encyclopedia in my previous existence! Smile

Actually, I am the product of a liberal education! I even took notes in class!

Iven, I’ve been under sodium pentathol several times and I haven’t a clue what you are talking about but it sounds great!

Smile Smile

Fire, Jeff, I'm just another -->:banana:
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Quote:
On 2004-01-15 00:49, kid iowa wrote:
He said that he was a Cherokee Indian killed in a battle with the Cavalry. Anyone else have any experiences with this?

Nope. I've never been Cherokee and never been killed by the Cavalry, but I can see how one would quit smoking and lose weight by it.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2004-01-15 17:56, Harry Murphy wrote:

Iven, I’ve been under sodium pentathol several times and I haven’t a clue what you are talking about but it sounds great!

What I was trying to say is that time or actually the "feeling" of time passing by is non exsistent except for the living. When we go to sleep (normal sleep) time passes by quickly but we still have a sense that time did exsist. Under sodium pentathol we experience no passage of time whatsoever. I also think that people who are in a state of coma experience the same thing, 5 minutes or 5 years it is all the same to them.
With all of that said, I don't have any belief system at all. I am agnostic and have an open mind to listen to and consider most any theory that passes by. I was just having fun with this topic, don't take me too serious.
Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Iven, got it! My tongue was firmly in my cheek too! Smile Smile Smile

This is a fun topic.

blindbo, I agree that such an interaction would cause one to stop smoking right away! Especially if they were somking something that caused them to see the Cavalry!

I got regressed all the way back to the first of my line! I was a bacterium in the primordial sludge. It was not a bunch of pretty memories!
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Quote:
On 2004-01-16 19:18, Harry Murphy wrote:
I was a bacterium in the primordial sludge.

now you're just being cilia.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It would be quite interesting if there were anything to the 'past life' thing.

Someone who under hypnosis starts asking about the lights and carpet and windows in Aramaic circa 100 would be a good bit of anecdotal evidence.

I get a bit confused by all the people who decided they were once English royalty or Egyptian royalty. I mean what kind of world do we live in where you can be reincarnated MANY times and in a MULTIPLICITY of times? Would someone recognize a repeated reincarnation of themselves?

Do people experience the SAME past lives each time? Perhaps these reincarnates are truly transient and simply move around from living person to living person the way FM signals have carrier waves.

Perhaps these transients are putting thoughts into your mind while your consciousness hides in a box of beliefs? H. P. Lovecraft like that kind of creature. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

According to theorist of reincarnation you continue to make amends in the next lifetime for past transgressions. On that theory, I know I must have been evil in my former life as I'm sure making amends in this lifetime! Smile
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Quote:
On 2004-01-17 13:03, Chrystal wrote:
According to theorist of reincarnation you continue to make amends in the next lifetime for past transgressions.

*sigh* I'm beginning to think I was a sin eater. Smile
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Hmm, seems to me the only people I have talked to/heard of that have experienced past life regressions had lives that were very...special. They were royalty, great minds, heroes etc. Where are all the normal people in the past!?

I guess it just wouldnt be fun to be told that you were a middle class baker from London who baked bread his whole life and died alone!

Anywho, I think I might have been Alexander the Great....or one of the Popes....or Rameses.....or Hans Solo (what?...It was long long ago)
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
KID Iowa--
You must have known that was a loaded question with these magicians (aka skeptics).
That's ok--people believe what they want to. And there is no proof that there are NOT past lives.
My mother did them in the past and someone who was an MIT professor and skeptic as anything ended up speaking in Russian (I forget what language it was). He was floored after hearing the audio tape. Not a king, rich person etc... just a person from another country.
And for the others--how sure are you that you all are alive and here right now?? Hmmmmm???

Je pense donc je suis!

Have fun
Ellen
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I think therefore I am

Good points Ellen!

As for me I am thinking I was Marie Antionette as I still have an aversion to guilotines for some reason. Smile
Darck Ninja
View Profile
New user
SLC-UTAH
76 Posts

Profile of Darck Ninja
Quote:
On 2004-01-18 15:11, ChrisZampese wrote:
Hmm, seems to me the only people I have talked to/heard of that have experienced past life regressions had lives that were very...special. They were royalty, great minds, heroes etc. Where are all the normal people in the past!?

I guess it just wouldn’t be fun to be told that you were a middle class baker from London who baked bread his whole life and died alone!

Anywho, I think I might have been Alexander the Great....or one of the Popes....or Rameses.....or Hans Solo (what?...It was long long ago)

Wow, I was just a blacksmith in one of my lives.... Nothing special, however, in my last life I believe I was set in charge to protect someone, or something. Probably a female, or group of females. The last Time I saw a guy abusing his girlfriend, without even thinking about it I broke his jaw, 2 ribs, and his nose both ways... I almost felt sorry for the guy after, and he had a history of abuse, and other related crimes, so I got off scott-free. There’s just something about seeing women being abused that really sets me off.... Even when I hear about a woman being abused on the news, or something, I feel guilty, I keep feeling that I could have been there....

Magically,

The Darck One
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who does not know it and can no longer wonder, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Past Life Regression (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL