We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Slender Man Stabbing (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2014, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2014, Al Desmond wrote:
I'm not sure why this subject even belongs on this forum? Anyone want to clear that up for me?

Because it deals with a bizarre mythology and bizarre mythologies (others being Lovecraft, Chambers, "Bloody Mary" etc.) often form the basis/premise for effects/routines, as do bizarre crimes like the Ripper murders.

That, and the Slender Man told me to post it. Smile

So... are you going to work up a bizarre routine of some sort based on this stabbing?

No but I'm not so self-absorbed that I discount the possibility that others might find inspiration here.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Darkness
It is a strange post and I'm not sure what the girl or her family would be thinking of her story being discussed in any bizarre forum. It's true evil and sadness and we don't need to go there. Maybe we shouldn't make the attackers anymore famous then they are. They should disappear for good and we should forget their names and wish that poor girl a safe and speedy recovery. It's ok to discuss urban legends, I just don't think at the expense of that poor girl or her situation. There is no inspiration in any of this I'm afraid.

Lets change the channel...
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1508 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
No but I'm not so self-absorbed that I discount the possibility that others might find inspiration here.

It's possible that a tad of self-absorption would help your moral compass. I asked you a valid question, I didn't expect to be attacked. Speaks volumes.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Perhaps these insights could be used to caution and educate. the bizarre tradition should include tales of redemption and the triumph of good from time to time. the best magic can be morally redemptive.
Marc
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
I think this is an interesting post. I'm not sure anyone is sudjesting a routine or effect should be made from this rather tradgic incident, more the "slender man" as a Character in a story rather than the stabbing of a 12 year old girl, but it opens some moral questions. JTR, Hampton falls, Titanic, Fallen, and so many more in our feild all deal with someone's death is it the amount of time passed before it's exceptable to perform ? Or personal taste, moral compass. Just a thought.
Louis
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Of course it can be used if used carefully - about how pieces of fictions or hoaxes can sometime have real impact in the so called real world. The angle is the concept of how stories can cause not just the murder of one or two but millions... really. This story can be used to give basis to an illusion that demonstrates the point...but not IMHO use it as the core content for a routine.

If anyone has done an effect using JTR... that involved murder of real people too - its how you use it that counts IMHO... does the passage of time allow us to use that? Perhaps - in different ways. However, respecting the victims is always crucial.... and avoiding making the monster admirable in any way.

IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
757 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Sadly it appears the violence will not be letting up any time soon: http://abcnews.go.com/US/slender-man-now......24058562
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 9, 2014, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:

It's possible that a tad of self-absorption would help your moral compass. I asked you a valid question, I didn't expect to be attacked. Speaks volumes.

What attack? I was just answering your question. What part of my answer do you feel constitutes an attack on you?

Is it my imagination or is this forum starting to become as "friendly" as "Penny?"
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
We're not quite there yet...
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Ha Brynmore! At least we start off with a topic heading that says it all, we don't flower it up like over there. Morbid bunch we are. At least we come by it honestly.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Another Slender Man inspired crime:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national.......1928945
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Slender Man Stabbing (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL