The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.A.C.A.A.N by Asi Wind (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
Yea... I've tried to do Tamariz AACAAN from his book. But I can't do math while I'm under pressure. It's the funniest thing.

But if you want to learn a stack the best I've done it is using an phone app. And it's cheap. I like that it will ask you questions throughout the day. Which is pretty cool.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......onicosis
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Can anybody give advice on how to riffle with accuracy and not allow cards to riffle in chunks? Please pm if you would be so kind
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
Scottacorman: their are methods that allow you to do this without any riffilng also their are steps you can do which make it much easier to do. Most of the best secrets can be found in John Born's book. Ment To Be. It's ironic but John's method is not the best in his book IMHO. Also the math formula doesn't have to be any harder then basic addition. Once you have a mem. Deck down cold a.c.a.a.n. is very workable. Using the Aronson stack and what I learned from reading John's book I have developed my own a.c.a.a.n.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Anyone have any tips on the math formula they could share? I have Mnemonica down and have been using it for a while but just can't get past the mental calculations. Maybe I am forgetting basic tips from school to do this in your head. Haha.

Really love this effect though. Once you get it done it looks like a miracle.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Why are people talking math formulas?
It shouldn't be anything more than basic addition or subtraction.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
It depends on the location or the number of the card and the chosen number. If the card in the stack falls before or after the chosen number. Their is a simple method that just uses easy addition only, but you have to know the secrets. I use my own ,base 10 system. It's very easy to remember and allows for quick mental calculations. With practice it becomes automatic. And is a lot easier to do under pressure. It requires no subtracting only simple addition.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Dr Phil. Did you get my pm?
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of drphil
Sorry it took so long was doing yardwork. Just sent out the p.m.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Seems like a great effect and I will be downloading this one for sure!!!
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
I just downloaded this tonight and all I can say is simply brilliant!!! If you have been on the fence just go ahead and get it is my recommendation.

The handling is so perfect and smooth. I had already learned Mnemonica so just have to put in the practice. Believe it or not his math process is the same I have had resort to as well...lol
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Does this have sleight of hand requirements, or just memory skills?

Regards,
Mike
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2867 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
SoH, yes!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Yes, this does have difficult sleight of hand requirements? Thanks for the clarification!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Jun 18, 2014, Nicolino wrote:
SoH, yes!
superej68
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of superej68
The sleight of hand involved is not too difficult if you can cover it properly, but giving this a good presentation is the key. I've seen Asi do this several times, and it no longer feels like a boring old acaan.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1258 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, guys. Being an ACAAN card carrying sucker, I purchased this. I really really like it a lot. I have used the J*&^l stack for a good while so all I have had to do is learn muscle memory with the physicalities of the method and the presentation and timing. This will come in time with a great deal of practice obviously, but I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly obtainable the skills are.

If it helps any, probably like most of you, my spouse and children have lived with a magician most of their lives, so they are extremely hard to impress these days. I have tried this on them for practice dozens of times and they can't figure out what I am doing.

Of course what also helped was (and this will make sense to anyone who knows the stack) my middle child named the 7 of spades and the number 21. She said, "Okay that was impressive." Wish that could happen every time.

For 20 bucks this is a heck of a bargain and you also get a utility that can be used for dozens of other creative ideas.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Now have this and have to say WOW! Brilliant, it is a delightful method, I get real
enjoyment performing this. Unbelievable value.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
271 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Question for those that purchased this and use Mnemonica, Try the process with the card as the Four of Hearts and the number 36. I use his cover move but I come up short one card as I deal the 36 cards. PM me if you have some insight. In the meantime I am going back to see if I missed something in the explanation.
Jerry

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2014, RedDevil wrote:
Hi, guys. Being an ACAAN card carrying sucker, I purchased this. I really really like it a lot. I have used the J*&^l stack . . .

Why on Earth would you sensor the name, not the "stack" part, if you're attempting to do magi-self-cesnsorship?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1258 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Point taken...:o)
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
This is a masterpiece.

Practiced it the last few days and I've performed it four times now, and it just kills. So clean, so fair. Looks like you do nothing at all, which is what makes this so strong. So glad Asi finally released his work on ACAAN. Best one I've ever come across. This is something I don't see myself ever putting down. If you want to perform ACAAN, this is the one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.A.C.A.A.N by Asi Wind (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL