The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Heaven and Hell Paper Fold (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2712 Posts

Profile of John Long
I have found a Heaven and Hell fold that requires just one cut to get the cross and the word "'HELL".

AND

Each letter (and the cross) is fully formed (you don't have to piece the pieces together to form the letters).

The downside is that the "folds" are not achieved by a simple series of folding the paper in half. Rather, for most of the folds you have to carefully pinch the paper to form a crease that doesn't go the whole length of the paper. Consequently, the folds would have to be done prior to performance (which would then allow the paper to be shown opened, and then quickly refolded.)

This and many other "folds" can be found at
http://martindemaine.org/papers/FoldCut_G4G5/paper.pdf

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I guess you're familiar with the one where you do piece the letters together to spell hell, life and show the crucifixion? I like that one. My pastor wants me to show the congregation at some point.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2712 Posts

Profile of John Long
Yes, I also have references for a method that creates 8 pieces of paper to spell "Hell". It works, but is a bit in-elegant. I think it is more impressive to make just one cut and get all the letters & the cross as fully formed shapes.

I am considering this for my next show. I would have to pre-fold it, and then unfold it to show that it as a single piece of paper, then fold it up as I give the associated message. This will not be as easy as the other method, but I will give some thought to why the paper is so crumpled up. Maybe a story of finding on the ground, as something that someone else threw a way, or they didn't like the message written on it.. so they cut it up.. but the message could not be destroyed..

We'll see.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
Heaven and Hell Paper Fold is an awesome effect. Don't know if I would perform it in a church. Unless it was performed in a church for a horror film.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3285 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I have never attended a church where a horror film was presented.
Jeffini
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
52 Posts

Profile of Jeffini
I have used the basic paper tear for older kids with a wonderful story about two pilots who crash and go to meet St. Peter. The paper fold looks a lot like a simple airplane, so it lends itself to the story. When I spell out the word "hell", I say "h" "e" "double hockey sticks" which gets a chuckle fro the kids. The effect opens up great discussions and I have used it to present the Gospel for forty years. I highly recommend it. When I present it to a large group, I have placed the letters on an overhead projector. I always arrange the pieces of the letters gradually so that they are not recognizable right until I place the last piece. That makes it stronger. I will certainly look at this one cut method. Mthank you for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Heaven and Hell Paper Fold (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL