The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Well, it finally happened! (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Your on your way Theodore congrats.
Todd Smile
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Looks like a fun place.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Wonderful!

You ROCK ted.

-Mary Mowder
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Congrats, Theodore!!! Welcome to the club!!!
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
This is awesome.... Congratulations!

I currently perform at two restaurants now, performing at Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant and Mellow Mushroom... I picked the second gig (Mellow Mushroom) a few weeks ago; and it has been awesome...

I've been enjoying every moment I perform and knowing that I'm getting paid for something I enjoy doing.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks everyone!

Congratulations kumpletoo Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Here's a picture my wife snapped of me performing for a mom and her daughter. I actually know them from my other job. Lots of people from the Racquet club go to this restaurant apparently.

Click here to view attached image.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
This is my son and I after the gig. The bright sign in the upper back says Skybox. My wife insisted I hold my case. lol

Click here to view attached image.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Nice caae! (hee hee!)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Haha! Smile lol
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Congratulations man. Nothing feels better in the world than to see your hard work comes to fruition!
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
That is fantastic, Theodore! Very exciting to see someone step out into the world . . . as I will do someday.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I know you'll do great MM. Let us know when you take the plunge!

There's definitely a certain amount of fear involved. Once I actually get going that goes away and I'm "on." I remember I'm there to make people smile, laugh and have fun. Oh yeah, and fill them with childlike wonder. lol Smile

Keep us posted man!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Congrats to you too kumpletoo. (page 1)

-Mary Mowder
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Grats!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Tonight was my first paid night. Whew! lol Nervous!

They say musicians can be good at home and in the studio, but it's out on the road where they REALLY get great. I can see this applying to magic as well. Out there in the trenches, dealing with different personalities, different situations, nervousness, etc., really is going to make me better. I was so nervous to begin the evening. That went away eventually. Funny, I only needed a few tricks with me, not the dozen I had ready. Which is what all of you keep saying and now I lived it for myself.

I am thinking of how I can be more entertaining as far as mixing in more comedy too. I mean, we all had fun, laughed and stuff, but I can see where I can improve.

This is definitely a journey and not a destination. I'm ready to keep learning and keep growing.

Had a great time tonight and made more money doing something I love than I've ever made doing anything else.

Thanks again,

Theodore-
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
WILL ROGERS SAID IT VERY WELL: "I'm pleased, but not satisfied." SOPHOCLES SAID IT A FEW MILLENIA AGO: "One learns by DOING the thing!" I picked up an acronym from the Boy Scouts. It was a point made in a training course for adult leaders: K I S - M I F !!!

Translation: Keep It Simple - Make It Fun ~-I've used KISMIF as a guide all my life!

Glad to hear that your first "real" date went well.

O
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks Dick. Those are some great sayings to remember.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I just wanted to update and say that the gig is going absolutely fantastic. The owner is already talking about giving me more hours and days. He's also okay with me taking on some later night, pub-style restaurant gigs across town that I've been thinking about. He's really understanding and very encouraging about me wanting to grow and expand and I assured him I'd stay out of our current demographic area so that I remain a draw to the Skybox.

Our food is awesome. If you're ever in Tucson come say hi!

I have actually increased his business with my established fan base coming to see me and I have managed to sell a dessert here and there. We have an awesome creme brulee that is an easy sell!

I'm building a larger fan base here and people are making plans to come see me and bring others.

I have some tentative parties coming up already.

I'm getting much better at covering for a slip up on the fly. They don't happen often; mercifully, but as an example I screwed up my ACR the other night and was able to play it off without a hitch and pretend all was well. I ended up with the wrong card in my mouth and looked through the deck to see where it had ended up. I said, "Oh sometimes they go a lot farther than they're supposed to." Cut the signed card to the top, palmed it off and handed them the deck saying that the card wasn't even in there anymore and please have a look. See, the card actually ended up here in my wallet. They were floored. lol! The things you learn in the heat of it all.

I'm so thankful for the years of advice and wisdom I received from you all.

This is the most awesome, fun work I have ever done in my life. And since I've never really been successful at much else- had lots of dead end jobs and such, but nothing I could ever call a career- I find myself being really excited about the business aspect of running my own business. I look forward to more marketing and cold calling, I enjoy doing my bookkeeping and all the mundane stuff because this business is mine and success really does lie in my hands. With God's blessing, of course. It isn't ALL about me.

But anywho, thanks again. I just wanted to let you all know it's going VERY well.

God bless you and have a magical day!
Theodore-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Well, it finally happened! (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL