The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Any Dice App! Amazing idea! Please read if you own or thinking about getting it! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
So I really like the Any Dice app. Honestly the best feature to me is the bonus Ios Notes effect.
To me this effect it worth the price of the app!
So I wanted to make it where I can hand my iPhone to a spectator they can unlock my phone, scroll to my Notes app, write something in the Iphone notes app, lock the screen, put it away in their pocket and I instantly know what they wrote.
With Any Dice you would need to open the Any Dice app and choose the bonus "Notes effect" yourself then hand it to them. This is still good and I always have done it this way but I wanted MORE!!!! Don't we all?

So I managed to change the Any Dice app icon the the Ios Notes Icon using a bit a simple computer skills. Now all I need to do is have the bonus effect "Notes" running in multi task.
When I give the spectator my phone and ask them to open my Notes app and compose a new note they can scroll trough my phone and they will find only one Ios Notes app because the real one is hidden in a folder.

This technique of changing Icons and program names can be very useful for some Magic apps. Below I added some screen shots Of what it looks like.

I heard a new update of Any Dice will be out soon! Looking forward to it!

Click here to view attached image.
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I like the icon change idea. Can you pm me the steps to do that? Thanks.
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
45 Posts

Profile of WillJonesMagic
Hi Weapon,

The update has been approved by Apple and should be available for download now.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I have the update. The calculator is awesome. So many new opportunities.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Jaizon!! I will make a file on how to do it.. its a little bit of a pain to do but once your get it its easy lol
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Hi Will! Great job. On my screen the 0 is slightly overlapping the divide sign.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2014, weapon wrote:
Jaizon!! I will make a file on how to do it.. its a little bit of a pain to do but once your get it its easy lol

Thanks, Weapon. I've been scouring the internet all day, downloading apps, all to no avail.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I've been using the notes feature to get my AN for izzy star - completely hands off method of obtaining this and totally fries specs when you nail their birthday.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Ah the app is so good now. I love the new feature where it's sends the total number of dice, esp symbols or colors to your phone without thumping you!!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, weapon wrote:

It's exactly the same with me. I hope they get rid the bug soon Smile
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, daniltan wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, weapon wrote:

It's exactly the same with me. I hope they get rid the bug soon Smile

And the status bar fonts should change to white
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Jaizon, Download Iphone Explorer!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Does that download onto your phone? Because I have tried finding it and just have had zero success. I'm feeling quite old these days. Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Okay, got it. Phew. Now what? hahahaha
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2014, weapon wrote:
So I really like the Any Dice app. Honestly the best feature to me is the bonus Ios Notes effect.
To me this effect it worth the price of the app!
So I wanted to make it where I can hand my iPhone to a spectator they can unlock my phone, scroll to my Notes app, write something in the Iphone notes app, lock the screen, put it away in their pocket and I instantly know what they wrote.
With Any Dice you would need to open the Any Dice app and choose the bonus "Notes effect" yourself then hand it to them. This is still good and I always have done it this way but I wanted MORE!!!! Don't we all?

So I managed to change the Any Dice app icon the the Ios Notes Icon using a bit a simple computer skills. Now all I need to do is have the bonus effect "Notes" running in multi task.
When I give the spectator my phone and ask them to open my Notes app and compose a new note they can scroll trough my phone and they will find only one Ios Notes app because the real one is hidden in a folder.

This technique of changing Icons and program names can be very useful for some Magic apps. Below I added some screen shots Of what it looks like.

I heard a new update of Any Dice will be out soon! Looking forward to it!

I just want to add. If you Jailbroken your iPhone. You could use Applocker tweak to locked the "Notes" app. With this you ready to go anytime even without preparation. When you ask the spec to open the app. The lock pop up show up, then you can have an excuse to get your phone back and make a quick setup. Then press the home button. After that you can ask your spec to try again (your phone won't ask for passcode again unless you lock the phone #sessionlocked)

For me, the tweak can protect me from other ppl (my kids) as well. Yes, some ppl tend to borrow my phone sometimes.

Thank you for your share weapon. Just as you said above. I use this method to other app, and it amazingly looks like the real one.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
5s is not able to be jailbroken. Smile
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
All you need to do is change all the normal icons to the ios7 note icons. You can download the icons http://www.iconspedia.com/pack/iphone/
Also Jaizon, my 5s is jailbroken. Please check ModMyi.com

Dantalian, great idea!
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
I just had a idea. What if it is possible for the next update to make it when you choose notes it will log out of the app and change the icon to the notes icon so you can give it to your spectator. This would work the same way with the calculator. I am not sure if apple would allow this but imagine the possibilities.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2014, weapon wrote:
I just had a idea. What if it is possible for the next update to make it when you choose notes it will log out of the app and change the icon to the notes icon so you can give it to your spectator. This would work the same way with the calculator. I am not sure if apple would allow this but imagine the possibilities.

I wish they can do that. I have one request though: Please don't go to f*** homescreen.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
The Update is NOW OUT!!!!! Calc = Fixed!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Any Dice App! Amazing idea! Please read if you own or thinking about getting it! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL