The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Website needs to be reviewed (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What suggestions can you give me about my website?

www.dynamikemagic.com
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Your Contact page doesn't work. Says "form object." Double check your shortcode.

Josh
Josh
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7396 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Mike -

For your referrals / references page, I would do it a little bit differently. I would pull out a sentence or two from each letter, and then have that quoted in the body of your references page, for prospects to read at a quick glance. Don't make them open a PDF to read a quote. Then you can also have the whole letter in PDF for them to click on and read if they want to, and if they have the time to do that.

Something that someone taught me at one time is to allow for dual readership paths. Those who want to skim, and read it quickly. And those who might want deeper information, and take more time reading.

Right now, it's not really set up for those who want to skim.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20038 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Right on the front page you have a cool logo, some FANTASTIC pics of you at the White House and you on Judge Mathis.

Killer landing page. I need not look much further to know you are qualified to do my kids party.

I would make my decision pretty quick and I would hire you based on that almost alone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
748 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
WOW Mike..

You've come a long way since we talked about this a few years back...

Nice site ..

I would clarify your call to action on the homepage.
something like

Call (248) 535-3549 Today to check Availability

it ads scarcity and tells them what to do.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yes, I remember that time on the phone we had years ago, Mike. You and Donald are my number 1 mentors dealing with improvements to my websites when comes to SEO.

I notice you have other programs going on presently, Mike, but first I want to finish putting in more time with ShowbizCRM and my new Facebook marketing software.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
748 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Facebook marketing is fun stuff..

I'm around when you need me, and we do 3 or 4 webinars a month they get announced on the company fanpage

we did one on linkedin not to long ago, and have one on landing pages soon..
I am loving having an assistant, I show up, drink my coffee, do the research, and teach when she says "log into the class Mike"

a book you should grab that I am loving..

PITCH ANYTHING by Oren Klaff
hypblake
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of hypblake
Why were you on Judge Mathis? For some reason I really want to see that entire episode now. I guess if that is not possible, did you at least win?
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I really enjoyed the easy to navigate site.
The colours pop as well. The bold text make
it user friendly for young and old alike.

Thanks for the link...Dynamike in da' White House!
I love it!!!!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Hi Mike -

For your referrals / references page, I would do it a little bit differently. I would pull out a sentence or two from each letter, and then have that quoted in the body of your references page, for prospects to read at a quick glance. Don't make them open a PDF to read a quote. Then you can also have the whole letter in PDF for them to click on and read if they want to, and if they have the time to do that.

Something that someone taught me at one time is to allow for dual readership paths. Those who want to skim, and read it quickly. And those who might want deeper information, and take more time reading.

Right now, it's not really set up for those who want to skim.

- Donald

Great advice, Donald. I was thinking all of them would be too much on that page. They will have to scroll far down. Because of your recommendation I put a partial reference on each page, (except the blog). Thanks.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I made a few more changes after purchasing Josh's ebook: www.dynamikemagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, MikeClay wrote:
WOW Mike..

You've come a long way since we talked about this a few years back...

Nice site ..

I would clarify your call to action on the homepage.
something like

Call (248) 535-3549 Today to check Availability

it ads scarcity and tells them what to do.

Thanks Mike. But I am trying to receive more emails instead. The calls coming in are killing me. Smile That is why I purchased Michael Carducci's ShowBiz CRM. It is an auto responder. It decreases the need for me to stay on the phone interacting with the prospect. It gives the individual the quote and explains the packages. It has more features too. It has been working fine.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7396 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
If you would rather they email instead of call, why not remove your phone number that is on each page in a large point size, and replace it with a Call to Action involving email quotes?

For example, text that says, "Click here for Information on Services and an Instant Quote" (and then that directs them to your services page).

- Donald
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Just experimenting. That is the only way I will know for sure.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7396 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Because your phone number is in a large point size, and under the menu at the top of the page, that is your main call to action... it would seem as though you are primarily asking them to call you.

Mike Clay's advice was about tweaking that call to action. But as it is (not tweaked), its still asking them to call instead of email.

- Donald
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
One person told me to hide the phone number to receive more emails. I was going to put the phone number in the upper right hand corner. But the image is there. Someone else told me to keep it where it is because it will be easy for someone to call me by pushing the phone number with their fingers using a cell phone. People are giving me all kind of advice.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
748 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Mike,

it's not about which is right, it's about "What do you prefer them to do.."
Giving them to many options will stop them from taking action... think of it as "MAGICIANS CHOICE)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would like it to be 50/50. Half email contact and half phone calls. Thank you.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7396 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, MikeClay wrote:
Mike,

it's not about which is right, it's about "What do you prefer them to do.."
Giving them to many options will stop them from taking action... think of it as "MAGICIANS CHOICE)

Hi Mike -

What is your opinion about offering 2 bananas to a monkey? Or does it not apply in this case?

(I'm referring the concept from Seth Godin's book, "The Big Red Fez", for others who might not be familiar with how bananas and monkeys relate to websites. http://www.sethgodin.com/fez/ )

- Donald
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Two are better than one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Website needs to be reviewed (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL