The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 world Cup (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Greece will be thinking about that blown 5-on-2 for the next....oh...four years or so.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am not too impressed with Brazil so far. I mean, I expected them to be playing far better than they have been. Still I am hopping they will improve and win it since I backed them. I didn't fancy any of European teams to last it in the heat of Brazil but they are doing better than I expected. I don't what to do now. I am thinking of having a saver on Argentina 4/1.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Brazil, I am still standing, just.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5156 Posts

Profile of landmark
All you need to know about the World Cup:

"If Neymar or Oscar scores a brilliant goal and takes Brazil to the semifinal of the FIFA World Cup 2014, it may not be just because of their amazing soccer skills. Brazil may have summoned a psychologist to prepare them for the challenging quarterfinal match against Colombia on Friday night (1:30 AM IST, Saturday) in Fortaleza, but behind all this is a liberal policy on players' having sex at the right time. This masterstroke could just produce the 'hard' difference between victory and defeat.

Brazilian paper Lance says all eight teams in the quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup have had a liberal policy of allowing players to spend time with their partners during down time (non-training or non-match periods). The eight teams - Bosnia, Chile and Russia among others -- that lost in the pre-quarterfinal stage apparently had stringent 'no-sex' policy, reports claimed."

http://sports.ndtv.com/fifa-world-cup-20......s-policy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Http://www.betvictor.com/offers/SportFoo......15078500

£50 free bet. Still get 7/4 Brazil.

Tommy
Shy
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Shy
Wow !, I thought Colombia was going to win.

That was an exiting match !. Thank god I did NOT bet Smile .
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Semi finals are here Brazil-Germany, not impressed by either one, but without Thiago and. Neymar, I will go with Germany, and Argentina - The Netherlands, I am bias here, so I will go with Argentina, even so De maria will not play. I read in an Argentinian newspaper that the coach of Argentina was thinking in playing 5-3-2, the same way we played the first game and was a fiasco, but maybe is the best way to stop Robben, what a good player.

All along this World cup was the Goalkeepers' Worldcup, such great talents we saw.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
The odds are now 5/2 Brazil, Argentina and Germany and Holland is 4/1.

I backed Brazil at 3/1 and 7/2 and had saver on Argentina at 4/1 earlier. It seemed a good idea at the time.

:)

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2014, pabloinus wrote:

All along this World cup was the Goalkeepers' Worldcup, such great talents we saw.

That's a fact! Couldn't agree more.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Sitting in a bar right now, watching the game. It's simply crazy. 5:0 within the first 30 minutes. Who woulda thunk it?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Smile

Enjoy the party!

(yes, I'm jealous)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Unbelievable. 7:1.

Wow.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes! Germany all the way!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Come on Argentina Smile

Tommy
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Finally! They scored a touchdown.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
What a Game! Excellent played by Argentina, solid defense all the game. And again the goalkeepers are the Stars of this World Cup, Romero stopped the second penalty kick from Sneijder, that is a feast by itself.
On the Higuain´s goal, I think he was not offside from what I saw on the replay, I will look again later.

Sunday against Germany, I like the odds if we (Argentina) play a solid defense again.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Last 2 Games of the WorldCup 2014, The Netherlands vs Brazil today and Argentina-Germany tomorrow. Of course my heart is with Argentina, if we defend like we did with The Netherlands and the offense is a little bit better we have a good chance against Muller-Klose-Lam and Kroos
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Today's question is the 3rd-4th place game. On the surface, Brazil has everything to play for and Netherlands has nothing to gain by winning. Still, it might prove to be an attractively played game.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 world Cup (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL