The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 world Cup (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Heh Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
Tommy, what odds would you give me that USA gets further than England? It's a distinct possibility...

I'd go 10-1.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
When we retake the colonies, you will all be forced to watch Test Cricket, without access to firearms.

So there.

Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Tommy, what odds would you give me that USA gets further than England? It's a distinct possibility...

I'd go 10-1.

Hmmm. It's tempting...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
When we retake the colonies, you will all be forced to watch Test Cricket, without access to firearms.

So there.

Smile

You may find that whole "without access to firearms" thing a wee bit more challenging when you get a firsthand look at the geography and demographics of your newly reacquainted territory...

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Well, we'd have to subdue the populace first, using prolonged exposure to Radio 4 and episodes of Coronation Street. After that it would be a doddle. Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd go 10-1.

Hmmm. It's tempting...

The best part about sports is anything can happen. Rough bracket for the USA, though.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wouldn't.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Wouldn't go 10-1, or wouldn't give him odds on it happening at all?

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wouldn't offer odds on something I knew nothing about such as the USA football team. I think England have got it to do to get out the first group and I would guess about evens at best doing that.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, Ray Tupper. wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, acesover wrote:
Just can't make up my mind which is more exciting this or curling.

Shooting things?

Very Intriguing post Ray. Just what does it mean? I mean it was posed as a question not a statement. What does it mean?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, tommy wrote:
I wouldn't offer odds on something I knew nothing about such as the USA football team. I think England have got it to do to get out the first group and I would guess about evens at best doing that.

Yeah, if that. Let's see how we do against Italy on Saturday. If we concede early on they'll just park a couple of buses, and we don't have the brilliance to bust through that sort of defence. *sigh*
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
4 years ago I predicted the World Cup winner on BBC Radio in the UK.

You can listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IudrJg1_Qgk

If you'd like to know this year's winner, get in touch and I'll send you my Paypal info Smile
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Lots of unexpected results, Netherlands 5 Spain 1, CR 3 Urguay 1, the most bored game England Italy, very entertaining Ivory Coast and Japan. Today Argentina will play 5-3-2, weird when we have maybe the most skilled forwards, I think the Coach wants to be more than cautious.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Holy cow did Spain take it on the chin!
Italy looked VERY good against England. (Sorry Brits.)

Spain has a fairly easy road through the rest of the group. We will see if they show up and Costa actually plays a worthwhile game.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
The Spain result didn't go down very well over here, in fact nobody even talks about it. Almost like it didn't happen.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd go 10-1.

Hmmm. It's tempting...

Looking like it would have been a great bet...USA beats Ghana and Pepe will be out for Portugal against them after being red-carded in the opener.

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4171 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
USA got the win vs. a team they couldn't keep possession from in a Ghana team of faster athletes. For me, it was a very frustrating game that had a great beginning and a great ending, but in between was an exercise in, "Here Ghana, you take the ball..." Hope that changes, but have to admit I'd rather have wins than run of play. Just don't see USA going far if that continues.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
All I know is the USA won their first round game and Spain didn't. Makes those Skype calls to the inlaws just a bit more interesting. To be fair the USA game was not a replay of the final game from 4 years ago but no need to bring that up!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Great victory for the USA. Well done. Looks like it is going to be popular there as time goes by. Hope they do well as they give it everything and are good games to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27878913

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 world Cup (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL