The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 world Cup (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
A Norwegian football fan has scooped a cool £500 after betting on Luis Suarez to bite somebody at the World Cup in Brazil.
Football fan wins £500 after betting £3 on Luis Suarez biting player at World Cup

Suarez has twice been spotted biting opponents in recent years, so the punter thought he’d put £3 on the striker to take a munch out of somebody at Brazil 2014.

And low and behold, towards the end of Uruguay’s clash with Italy, he bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini – triggering the bookmaker to pay out.

With odds of 175/1, it was a pretty amazing outcome, despite Suarez’s reliability for biting his rivals.

See above for the betting slip, all numbers are in Norwegian krone.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Got to be the best headline:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sport/
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Top 10 ticket buyers

1. Brazil - 1,363,179

2. US - 196,838

3. Argentina - 61,021

4. Germany - 58,778

5. England - 57,917

6. Colombia - 54,477

7. Australia - 52,289

8. Chile - 38,638

9. France - 34,865

10. Mexico - 33,694

Source: Fifa
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2014, tommy wrote:

That is us gone.

"A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the England Football team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone."

And another:

"The English Football team visited an orphanage in Brazil. 'It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope', said Jose age 6."

One more:

"For years I wished the England team would be as good as Spain's, and now they are."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Balducci--oooooooooh. I may be repeating these.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Suaréz didn't deserve that much...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-bans-s......sow.html
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Portugal out to a 1-0 lead on Ghana...good news for the USA.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Germany beat USA, both progress to last 16 though.

Well played.

USA best odds I can see is 100/1 but 80/1 in most places.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2014, Ulrich wrote:
Suaréz didn't deserve that much...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-bans-s......sow.html

He deserved more! He's a serial offender who needs a bit of professional help. I'd also like to see chiellini hit him with a charge
of assault.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
They were both in on it for that bet, obviously a conspiracy.

Tommy
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Maybe my opinion is affected by my love of his skills and talent, but you are right, that must be a psychological issue. But his problem won't be solved, if someone will ban him from doing at what he is best. Most probably the only thing in what he is good at.

There are players that broke legs on purpose, and were banned for 4-5 matches. He is "only" bitting players and regularly getting long term stops. I'm not sorry for him, it's silly and stupid. He is killing his world-class talent slowly but surely, and that's what ****ing me off!

This guy need a professional help, not ban.

Blessings
Ulrich
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Ulrich,
This guy is the Mike Tyson of soccer.
He can get his help whilst he is banned.

His behaviour is animal like and has no
place in sports on any level.

Perhaps he shoud be forced to wear this if he is allowed to return.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
You're all right guys, but look at him. He is an extraordinary player! I really have never seen any striker like him before! That's such a shame for a football world.

And that's why I don't want him to be banned from playing football, he is not a cannibal, he is just releasing his anger in a.. very special way. Did you noticed in what situation he decided to bite players? Ivanovic stopped him from scoring a goal, Suaréz is a natural winner, of course he wanted to score a goal, so he bit him. Chiellini stopped him in his way, he gets angry and again, he released his anger by biting the Stallion.

I know, that does not apologize his behavior, but he is just a winner, he grew up in poor condition on the streets, and as you know, the adolescence part of our life decides on whom we will become as an adults. But still no reason for biting people, yes.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is simply not cricket old boy.

The fact that he is a great plater makes it a greater crime.

Tommy
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4171 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I knew it all the time:

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
See the sadness in the eyes? Smile

Click here to view attached image.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Ollie Kahn at least had the decency to bite another player during a Bundesliga game rather than a FIFA competition. Penalty? I don't think they gave him one. I'd have to look it up. But I don't have lust to do that.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 28, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
Ollie Kahn at least had the decency to bite another player during a Bundesliga game rather than a FIFA competition. Penalty? I don't think they gave him one. I'd have to look it up. But I don't have lust to do that.

"Kahn didn't bite me, he just nibbled," Heiko Herrlich said. "In any case there was nothing missing from my neck."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Brazil get through, by the skin of their teeth.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 world Cup (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL