The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Fism 2015 (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mitchmagi
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of mitchmagi
Hotels are now available for booking - http://booking.ventanagroup.it/for/FISM21015

Unfortunately their "best Italian tour operator" is actually fleecing attendees.

Be sure to check out the rates directly with the hotels as many of them are cheaper than using the contracted tour operator! Unfortunately it seems the appointed operator is inflating prices to the detriment of delegates.

With such large buying power - rates should have been CHEAPER when going through the 'official agency' - not more expensive - someone is taking advantage ;-(

This is based on a week:

Augustus 700 Euros vs 560 Euros direct
Hotel Royal Plaza 1015 Euros vs 883 Euros direct
Hotel Polo 1120 Euros vs 883 Euros direct
Hotel Villa Adriatica 1386 Euros vs 1232 Euros direct

I've let the organisers know - so hopefully we see a rate reduction from the tour operator shortly ...
Roland
View Profile
New user
Arizona
35 Posts

Profile of Roland
Is anyone else having problems purchasing a registration to FISM 2015? We've tried FIVE times and their site says "Thank you for your order" but the email confirmaion requires more payments. When we called their office, they suggest sending a wire transfer (which costs $50 more for an already very expensive convention.) Our credit card company says it's not our card and we know two others who also can't purchase registrations. Any one else having problems???
FISM ITALY 2015
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of FISM ITALY 2015
Hello everyone,

The situation Mr Roland talked in his post happens sometime with some kinds of credit cards which have 3D Secure Code.
3D Secure Code is a code, given by credit cards companies, which must be inserted in order to proceed with the payment via credit card. It protects buyers in their online money transfers, making them safe from hackers intrusions.

Moreover, for what concerns the wire transfer issue, the additional amount of 50,00€ doesn't depend on FISMITALY2O15 but is a tax that the bank imposes on money transfers from abroad.

For every kind of issue or information, I invite everyone to contact us to customerservice@fismitaly2015.com.

We can't wait to see all of you in Rimini! Smile

Giulia
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
238 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Out of all the posts on The Magic Café, this has by far been the most that people have contacted me about either direct by email or PM. Currently, and I suppose it is because there is only a short time to go, I get about 2 or 3 messages per week, why does FISM Italy not have it all sorted.

I have been to the last 5 or 6 FISMs and they were all absolutely great. However despite repeated attempts with emailing them concerning a registration ticket and trying to get booked in a hotel, flights etc. I never heard anything back from them. This has happened to many people. All you get is an automated email that asks you to send them your credit card details over a standard email message. This is never a good idea and is downright dreadful for an organisation like FISM. Before, it has always been easy to book via a secure online form that helps you all the way with tickets, hotels and everything else. Sorry but it is a complete shambles this time and in the end I gave up and am not going which is sad as I wanted to attend.

I even emailed some of the representatives of FISM to try to sort something out but nothing could be done. Many people will not be going due to their lack of proper information. From my own investigation it appears that there is no airport nearby and you will require a train journey plus a taxi ride to get to any sort of hotel from an airport plus a taxi ride to the convention........... gulp !!!.

I wish you the best of luck Roland but there are many, many magicians in your same situation. Hopefully whoever gets the rights to hold FISM next time will get it all sorted but as for this year, forget it.

Stuart.
virtualmagie
View Profile
New user
Paris / FRANCE
1 Post

Profile of virtualmagie
Hello

I am searching a place for the Italy FISM 2015.

Fill free to contact me if you have one extra place to sell.

Regards

Thomas
thomas@virtualmagie.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Fism 2015 (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL