The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Happy Friday the 13 Ghosts! (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
FYI
In the video the table was filled with candles.
The gaffed card was triggered by merely holding the card up near a candle.
Not close... just near enough to catch some warm air.
13 Ghosts
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Nice tip. Great video too.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Also...all the real bones in the video are deer bones on loan from our own Harley Newman.
13 Ghosts
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
590 Posts

Profile of TH1
Eddie - great video! It moved me to finally order 13 Ghosts.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Awesome vid Eddie. May be my favorite of yours.
Thanks for the tip too. Makes perfect sense.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
I received 13 Ghosts recently and have to say it was one of those effects that made me do a forehead palm, wishing I had thought of this first. In my opinion this one is being unfairly neglected and deserves a lot more attention and enthusiasm.

As with all of Dark Arts products, this one is well made and easy to handle (and carry--which is always important!) The images are well crafted and the mounting of photo on card is exceptionally well done and in keeping with period practices. In short, this one will convince your specs that you are handing them the genuine article.

The instruction sheet comes with several ideas for performances, primarily variations on the initial presentation theme, but it is most accurate when it suggests that there are very few limitations with this pack of Victorian photographs. These have much more potential in them, and I will momentarily be offering a wholly different handling down in the Crypt to illustrate my point.

Bottom line: 13 Ghosts should be in your arsenal: Purely Bizarre in concept and execution, nearly as flexible in performance as a deck of cards. Extraordinary creation.

See you in the Crypt.

BC
Phasmologist
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Thanks BC, I look forward to seeing what you have come up with !
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Great video Eddie. Can't wait to get mine...
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Does anyone know if the effect will work in an area like Hawaii - most places here (aside from my freezing office) don't have air conditioning and rarely get any cooler than about seventy eight degrees, usually a little warmer.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2014, Lo Pan wrote:
Does anyone know if the effect will work in an area like Hawaii - most places here (aside from my freezing office) don't have air conditioning and rarely get any cooler than about seventy eight degrees, usually a little warmer.

It would probably only perform well in an air conditioned space or in the cool of the evening/night in warm climates such as Hawaii, but I'm performing it in the midst of a Georgia summer without problems.

BC
Phasmologist
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Thanks BC - Sounds great - I'm expecting my first 0utl@w box any day now, thirteen ghosts and your 0utc@st Dead are next on my list!

Lo Pan
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Will this effect be made available again?
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I hope not
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, Silvertongue wrote:
I hope not

Because...?

Was there some reason it was discontinued?
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I just like it when thing are made in a limited run. Although it can make for things being a lot more expensive on the second hand market.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I hope 13 Ghosts does come back.
Dead Art Inc. did a really nice job on these cards and I especially like the box.

Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
The cards are hauntingly beautiful. They look like the real thing. Ultra high quality in construction even the box looks great.

The price was too low. I'm sure the work that went into them didn't leave much profit for the business. Its not practical to hand make time consuming props of this quality for $100.

Dead Arts Inc is exactly that, art, and real art is not mass produced. When people recognize quality and great value, they are the ones who may enjoy a long life playing with dead things...

I also hope they never make anymore I like to have special effect that people have never seen before. I feel like they have made them especially for me and that makes me feel good. They will hit the second hand market one day.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 17, 2014, Darkness wrote:
I feel like they have made them especially for me and that makes me feel good. They will hit the second hand market one day.

They already have! I just bought 13 Ghosts in "like new" condition for $60. Reasonable prices make me feel good. Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
One of those items "to get" & waited too long, 2nd hand market then if they don't make another batch.....
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Not sure that was a "reasonable price" for the quality, construction, routine and out of stock availability?? Value is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Everyone love to feel good about getting a smoking good, bargain basement deal. Some even refuse to pay fair prices. I think they are reasonably worth far more than $60. That person gave them away, lucky for you, and very generous of them, some people can afford to do that.

Glad you finally found something to make you happy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Happy Friday the 13 Ghosts! (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL