The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimbles and DVD for beginner??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

skyfire
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of skyfire
Hi, I would like to see how I do with Thimbles. I randomly had a couple of Thimbles years ago that I picked up from somewhere's, but never dove into them too much, and that's my only experience.

I see there are a few DVD's out there and I was wondering which DVD would be good for a beginner so that I can build up and not get discouraged trying to do advanced moves.

Also, what Thimbles would be recomended to begin with? Not sure if size is the only factor for recomending, I would say I have average sized hands. Not overly small or large. Or if the material Thimbles are made of makes a difference also.

Thanks...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Joe Mogar Thimble DVD.

Tapered long thimbles from China.

Joe's are to short.

These from India should work well:

http://www.tricksupply.com/product-p/udthimbles.htm

These are excellent also:

http://www.daytonamagic.com/thimbles-dozen-k-003c.html
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hi skyfire,

I second Bill suggestions and I would add as a suggestion the 3 DVD pack from Jeff McBride : The Art of Manipulation. They cover thimbles, balls and coin manipulations for beginners to experts. Well explained, easy to watch. To me they were very helpful for getting into ball manipulation. He even suggests a few simple sequences and routines that could be attached the one to another to creat a longer routine.

This DVD pack is produced by L&L Publishing and you can purchase from them either the individual DVDs or the pack in a whole sales price.

Concerning the thimbles, I suggest the Fakini thimbles, but you could use aswell classic normal thimbles that you use for sewing or try to find the new brand of sewing thimbles, which are made out of rubber in different sizes.

Good luck.

Oliver.
TXKEVIN
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TXKEVIN
I have Mogar and Fakini thimbles. For me, I definitely prefer the Mogar thimbles and wouldn't buy the Fakini ones again. (I do, however, have Fakini billiard balls which I love)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Fakini Thimbles I found just to sticky, great for the hand manipulation, terrible if you want to steal them or ditch them in your sleeve. There is not reason whey a person cannot combine the two types in one routine. Some more difficult moves, Fakini's can be used and for others plastic ones can be used.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Borland Thimble Routine!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2015, mtgoldstein wrote:
Borland Thimble Routine!

Yes, Berland's Thimble Routine is excellent beginner source, but also great for professionals.

Comes with thimbels, and gimmick to get you up and running.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimbles and DVD for beginner??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL