The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » New iGenii iOS app available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2400 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Our new iGenii app for the iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone is available in the app store for subscribers.
MagicBrain
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of MagicBrain
I have downloaded the new IPad Apps but there is no sound when listenning to the videos in the magazine (there is sound on a regular computer, but not on my Ipad). Why ?

Thanks
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2400 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Have you adjust the volume on your iPad and also within the video window when it opens? I've not heard of this issue before.
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
@ MagicBrain - We hashed this out over on the Genii Forum. Apparently there is a fault in the iPad OS that causes this problem within a few apps, the new Genii app being one of them. Are you also having trouble with the slide switch on the side of your iPad? This is the one that can be set to control screen rotation OR muting, depending on your settings.

I had the problem as you and I solved it by first resetting the iPad (Settings / General / Reset -> Reset all Settings) and then switching the slide button control to Lock Rotation.

Other people have had similar problems with other apps. If you can get sound from your headphone jack even though the speaker does not work, I would say your problem is the same. Hope this helps.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
It seems to be a minor software bug. I was able to fix by just sliding the lock rotation control button to mute and then back to lock rotation (where I normally have it). Took all of five seconds.
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2014, bugjack wrote:
It seems to be a minor software bug. I was able to fix by just sliding the lock rotation control button to mute and then back to lock rotation (where I normally have it). Took all of five seconds.

That did not work for me. I had to do a reset first. People have been having similar problems with other apps even before the new Genii app came out. Solutions varied but the slide switch seems to have been affected in most if not all cases. Weird business. I am guessing a bug in the OS.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Is there a search function for the new app? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » New iGenii iOS app available (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL