The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Application for Inferno (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Ok, I got this about a month ago and really like it a lot. I would not hesitate to perform it just as it is taught and seen on the video etc. But I have also been having some lingering thoughts about the possibilities of this being a VERY strong gospel effect. While my brain slowly processes ideas if anyone else thinks of anything please post ideas! And by all means get the effect too! The logic and explanation of the rationale behind the presentation is very valuable as well as the effect itself. If you're unfamiliar with it, I am posting a link to performance of it. Ok that's it, thanks in advance and I hope to eventually have not only a great secular entertaining effect but a real gem of a gospel effect too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJcUNusZ3n0

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1924 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I can't off hand think of a routine, but the first thing I thought of was the verse in I Cor. 3:15. "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss, he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire."
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
502 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I've actually thought a lot about this too. I'm glad to share my conclusions so far:
I think the effect should be played straight up as "a game" and lighthearted.
There are some comedic points that can be played in a church group setting over numbers/faces, men/women, etc...
You can comment after the choice: "so people are just numbers to you? Are you an accountant?" Or "so you chose to burn the folks in power! *whisper* do you have authority issues?!"
Anyway, after the revelation, applause for volunteers...
Talk about how that was a bit of fun, poking fun at ourselves, but there is some truth underlying the game which we should take to heart:
We like to think that we share the Gospel with everyone: "black, white, short, tall, rich, poor, gay, straight, young, old...number, face, man, woman..."
But in fact our flesh gets in the way sometimes and we say "that guy won't be receptive" or "I don't know them" or "I DO know them".
Now, we are certainly not CHOOSING to send them to destruction, but...
Matthew 7:13-14 says:
"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
We should check our heart and motives for not evangelizing to anyone and everyone. God does the saving, not us. But He may use your witness or mine to save someone!
Jude 1:20-23 says: "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, PULLING THEM OUT OF THE FIRE, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
Over 150,000 people a day pass into eternity! Give the Good News generously whether by word, deed, tract or preaching. Just DO IT!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Do the routine as described on the DVD...it's the ending line you want to promote at the end of the effect..."What if that one card was you? The scriptures tell us that the "wages of sin is death" Everyone who is walking on the face of this earth has had their life on fire. Jesus said He didn't come to condem you, because you are condemed already...that's why I'm here tonight, to introduce you to the one who can take you out of the fire and into freedom.

That's the way I would present it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Application for Inferno (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL