The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
Hello.

I'm Nathan, and I'm actually just here to have a look around, see what's going, that kind of thing. I'm quite new to the whole shebang, primarily for me only being sixteen, but I have most of the basics quite well (only thing I'm truly stuck on is palming), and a few tricks I can pass the time with in pleasant company. Primarily here to broaden out my knowledge of it all, as most of the tricks I know all follow the same kind of theme.

Anyway, I have a lot of free time coming up, so will probably peruse the forum often.

Hope to get to know a few of you at least.
Nathan

P.S. I think that the presentation of my post is messed up slightly, sorry. Wrote it on my phone.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome KirbyKoolAid,

Gotta say I'm curious about the "lot of free time coming up".

What is "free time"? I've heard of it but never had the experience. Enjoy it while you can.

See you in the Close-Up fora.

-Mary Mowder
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
I have my last exam in. Oo, an hour, so am going to enjoy a very long summer of Not Much. I'll enjoy some for everyone, don't worry.

See you around,
Nathan
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Nathan,

Enjoy your summer and enjoy the magic!

KJ
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
Thank you, and I will. Haven't been on here as much as I would have liked (read: at all) due to actually doing things, but that will slow down soon.

As always,
Nathan
BitterBrewerAZ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
65 Posts

Profile of BitterBrewerAZ
Nathan,

Welcome. I started fiddling with magic when I was 8 and started doing childrens parties at 16 so definitely keep practicing and you will certainly find some excellent resources here.

-Keith
ThoZ
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ThoZ
Nathan, may I ask you where you from?
Cause I'm in a quite similar situation now Smile

Thomas
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
I'm sure I could string an act together for parties.

I'm from East Yorkshire, Thomas. Glad to see I'm not alone in my situation on here.

As always,
Nathan
David Martin
View Profile
Regular user
East Lyme, CT
118 Posts

Profile of David Martin
Very nice to meet you Nathan! I am sure you will find The Café a great resource. I hope the exam went well and that you learn some really great magic! Is there a particular branch of magic that interests you more than others?

Even though I'm pretty well veresed in different areas of Close-Up Magic, I find most of my study and attention is geared towards cards and mentalism.

David
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
Hello David! It went very well, thank you, and I hope I learn some too. I am thinking about cards as my main focus, but I keep on getting sidetracked with other little bits as well, be it for good or bad. I've learnt that I'm not very good with coins, which is a shame, but I guess it's just practice. I like the idea of doing some mentalism,, have a couple of books about it from various places, and can do a bit, but never really started to properly go down that route. I think it's something to work on over a longer period of time, rather than just learning a card trick or something.

As always,
Nathan
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Welcome to the Café, Nathan.
Enjoy.
Keith Shazam
SHAZAM!
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
Thank you very much for your welcome, Keith.

As always,
Nathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL