The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tomas Medina (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicman03
Ive seen breif topics and conversations about his new dvd and deck, however I havent seen a real review. From the demos he looks pretty skillful, however I would like to know how his stuff works out in the real world, along with a list of slights and revelations taught on his dvd. any info will help. thanks
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1138 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Good trick. Pretty good DVD. Explanations are well taught. He definitely has some chops and can work in the real world (shown on DVD - loud bar, working on pool table).

What's funny is that he looks and acts almost exactly like Kainoa Harbottle (but with cards).
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
LoL, maybe Kainoa has been busted with cards! He had to do card tricks under a psedonym to avoid being caught by the coin(noisseurs)!!!
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
I got this about a week ago. I like the idea and will probably use it often. The best part is that in the specs eyes (and hands, they can shuffle it) the deck is not gimmicked at all. After doing a trick using the deck you can go instantly into any other impromtu card trick with out adding or taking anything away.

Evan
magicman03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magicman03
THanks for the info everyone. But what exactly is taught on the dvd? In the description, it says that many sleights and revelations are taught. But what are they? thanks
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
The list is pretty long, but here is the basic idea. He teaches a few routines, one of which can be done 5 minutes after opening the DVD and the other in a little more advanced. Depending on your skill with cards, this routine could take 1 hour or 1 month to learn completely.

The "Many sleights and revelations" that are taught are all for the second routine. Basically, the same type of thing happens over and over in this routine though it is still very entertaining. What happens is that after the cards are shuffled by you (and the spec if you want) the spec cuts the deck anywhere. You take the card the cut to, and set it aside. Instantly you produce the card's mate from the deck. That card is taken out, then the sequence is repeated. Tomas does this about 8 times doing something different each time to reveal the chosen cards mate. After that, he then two at a time flips over the cards to show that all the rest of the cards are also with their mates EVEN THOUGH you and the spec have been doing ACTUAL riffle shuffles throughout the whole routine.

Think of all the ways you could reveal a chosen card from the deck. There has to be hundreds. Tomas shows you the ones he uses in his routine but I for one plan on expanding from his routine quite a bit.

I hope this gives you the idea of the contents a little better. I recommend this and think it is worth the money, (even though it is one of those "why didn't I think of that!?" secrets. You will see when Tomas tells you on the DVD how he accidentally stumbled across the secret.)

Also, members of Magic Pro Shop's mailing list got an email a few days ago about a very special deal for them on this trick. Also included was a 10% off discount code. Once you use the member deal as well as the discount code the total for the trick comes to around $20 (if memory serves me right).

Hope this helps,

Evan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tomas Medina (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL