We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The Hedge of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thehedge
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Thehedge
Hello Magic Café and Members. I am excited to join the online community.

I have learned mostly from books and observation of other magicians (on the rare occasion I got to see one). I enjoy performing and studying magic theory. Close-up is my preference because of the intimacy of the performance.

I learned my first card trick at the age of 5 years old after seeing a magic show. During that show, I remember being selected for a sponge ball routine. I still remember that feeling when the second ball jumped from the change bag into my hand (looking back it was not a very good routine), but that feeling at the time was pure amazement. I believed that I could feel the ball appear in my hand. This is the feeling I strive to give my spectators.

I am now 25 years old, and perform occasionally at a local restaurant in Minnesota (United States). I have been debating pursuing more frequent performance opportunities, which is why I want to brush up on my professionalism of my performance.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8287 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Egad! A change bag in a sponge ball routine~ YUK~

I'm glad that you 'survived' that~!

What corner of Minnesota?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Thehedge
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Thehedge
Northern suburbs of twin cities
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome TheHedge,

You'd be surprised at how many people get interested in Magic after a less than stellar performance they saw as a Child.

I think they enjoy the feeling of wonder that the Magician gave them more than the technique.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The Hedge of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL