The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fire ball shooters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
I am thinking of purchasing this effect and was looking for feedback (e.g. is it effective):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFJGLkANJ_M

It's more than a few dollars but appears to be very impressive.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22453 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The website that is on he video is defunct, it is up for purchase. The Wizard Websites I found that that lists something similar has very old dated offers. If I were you, I would check to see if they are even in business yet, as I have found that most dealers just let everything on their websites and never removed no longer available tricks and products.

I see nothing special about this device, it looks like you have to wire yourself up to use it, and it only loads a couple of shots. So then want.

What you have to ask yourself is will the set up get in the way of any of your other tricks. Will you take the time to wire your body up just for a flash of cotton. Most the time the answer is always no, so it is money that could be spent on advertising or a better website.

Electronic or not, how are you going to trigger it, and what is required to trigger it. What trick do you have in mind that this flash will enhance the trick over not having a flash.

Finally, most places have rules against flying fire now-a-days since all the rock bands burning down nite clubs and killing people by trapping them in the building or stampeding over one another to get out.

If you really think you need a flash, my advice would be to look for a strobe light you can wear and hook up. These are usually camera flash units that are converted to use as a flash of fire. Famous magician John Cornelius use to make one called FISM Flash, but that was years ago, when strobe lights were first invented. I think more recently (couple years ago) one was mentioned on the Café and compared to the old Cornelius model.

Really, you need a huge briefcase to carry it around, more trips to the car!
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
Thanks Bill, that gives me much more insight into the effect - sorry for the delay, I have been very busy the last few days - finally got some time to relax and do some research.

I made a flash, but never used it during my show - maybe I should revisit the concept - I like the way Cardini works in 'flashes' into his show.

Martini
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22453 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Cardini Flashes? That is not flashes, but flicking of the burning end of a cigarette. I don't think you would be allowed to do that anymore as well.

I have owned several flash devices, I have never seen one that does not get in the way of the performance. Meaning it is hard to figure out how to hold a coin or deck of cards and still activate the device.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fire ball shooters (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL