The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June & July 2014 entrée: Roger Nicot » » Welcome to the Magic Café Roger! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3774 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As founder and manager of this little online community I am very proud to introduce Roger Nicot as our very special GUEST OF HONOR for June 2014.

Roger is a real pro - he's been there and certainly done that many many times and has a wealth of information to share in regards to performing close-up magic.

I am also happy to call Roger a friend. Smile

Thanks for taking the time to hang with our Café community buddy. Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Wow Steve.... like I have to live up to something here!! But I do have a couple of years behind the bar as well as building props for a number of "the names" in magic. I know you enjoy using the Bar Cup!!! Thanks for giving me the honor of being " The Guest of Honor" I will carry the scepter with pride!!!
BitterBrewerAZ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
64 Posts

Profile of BitterBrewerAZ
Welcome Roger,
?
I would be curious to hear your story of getting involved in magic and what keeps you interested currently?
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Thank you Bitter.... It is truly an honor being here!

To answer your question... I found a magic book on my brother's bookshelf when I was in kindergarten and learned a trick from the line drawings. The book was the "coloring book format" Dunninger's Book of Magic. When I showed the trick to my mother she asked where I had learned it and she helped me learn the rest of the tricks in the book.

To this date, I try to watch magic as a layperson. I still love to watch magic "happen" and I love to be amazed. Having the luxury of traveling to conventions world wide, I see most of the world's finest magicians. I put my brain to rest. I want to watch magic like I did before I knew any of the secrets. That helps me believe in magic! Without the "magic".. you may as well be watching a juggler. Don't get me wrong!!!! I love a good juggler and I have quite a few friends that are expert jugglers... that is true talent!!! But it ain't "magic."

I hope that helps you understand where I come from!

Thanks for your question.
Jade Ferrer
View Profile
New user
Philippines
61 Posts

Profile of Jade Ferrer
Hiya, Rog! Welcome to the Café! How are you doing? Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Hello Roger!

Apparently nobody wants to pick your brain.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Stanyon....

Not much to left to pick!!! It has been picked by some of the best!! LOL
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Jade.....

How's it going?? I have been extremely busy getting ready for the combined IBM / SAM convention in St Louis.

I have been packing all the pieces / parts that you lucky guys will see at the Card-Shark booth.
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
The funny farm
166 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Thanks a lot for your time on the café Roger. I've learned a lot.
Carl Jarboe
View Profile
New user
Detroit, Michigan USA
12 Posts

Profile of Carl Jarboe
Hi, Roger! Do you ever make it back to Flint?
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Carl....

No.... I haven't made it back to Flint since seeing Doug Irish in 2005. I really have no reason to go back... no family left there.

I am headed back to Bath, UK today. I am looking to start a "family" with favorite lady magician who happens to live there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June & July 2014 entrée: Roger Nicot » » Welcome to the Magic Café Roger! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL