The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Photographer (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
For your enjoyment. Some great ideas for those of us in the know: http://boingboing.net/2014/06/27/the-wom......sts.html
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Interesting article but I think the photos are all pretty much rubbish. Non rescript photos with a red light .
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Eh... let them have their fun
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Thanks for sharing this article. It is worth checking out Taggart's website for photos of seances, spirit cabinetd, etc.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Got to admit, not that impressed with these,sorry.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Agreed that the photos aren't that impressive, but a nice insight into modern physical mediumship. If nothing else this should allow us to think on what makes these performances underwhelming and work out what we'd do differently. I may be alone in this, but I see a learning opportunity.
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I agree with Brynmore14, there are things to be learned here. If the photos are not convincing, why are they not convincing? Not impressed? What would impress you? That is the start of what could be a productive conversation...
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Gentleman you are both right,sorry to of came across as so nesgative, indeed it is a good insight into modern physical mediumship and I do have a few book's that mention the subject from my day's as being an associate for the Society for Psychical Research.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
The manifestation photos are pretty awful though Smile
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I find the fact that physical mediumship is still practiced fascinating... And the fact he claims to be a part of the spiritualist church, hmm. I had no idea it still happened. The red light is interesting, as it got me thinking about light seances. I was thinking that, possibly, a light seance could be conducted under lurid red light, using "dark art" principles... In this case red art... The production of a giant hand reminds me of something you would read in an old Charles Cameron book, and can't believe people would fall for it in a religious context.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Photographer (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL