The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » David Devlin & The Holy Dixie Cup (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This is my version of the Any Card at Any Number plot.

http://www.lybrary.com/the-holy-dixie-cup-p-496735.html
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Reads like my type of effect! I like that there is no set up and deck can be borrowed.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I picked up David's Theta Waves. An 8 card brainwave with only 1 odd back. Nice.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
From the ad copy: "Without any...manipulation of the deck...nothing; the performer honestly and directly deals the cards down to the position of the number called out. The card at that specified location is handed to a spectator"

I consider this terribly misleading. While the wording may be technically correct in terms of the exact stage it is describing, there is nevertheless a very major 'move' as part of the process, and at the exact moment that a spectator might expect one to occur. On the plus side, there is a video explaining how to do it, but that does not, in my opinion, make up for the dissonance between description and effect.

And this may just be me, but the cover of the ebook seems to confirm the terrible sleazy image image of magic that does us no favours with the wider public.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Here is the most recent "review" of The Holy Dixie Cup".

"If you're familiar with my card effects you'll know I'll go to hell and back to simplify the working and eliminate any difficult sleight of hand. David's handling of the Holy Dixie Cup includes a card switch you SHOULD learn if you don't already know one. Man up and spend the time necessary to get it down pat. This is the first DH effect I've purchased and I'm glad that I did. Keep up the good work David. Warmest regards - Larry Becker"

Larry Becker is a god to me. This really made my day!
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2014, tomcards wrote:
REVIEW: The Holy Dixie Cup

http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44897

Tom Frame

Ouch!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » David Devlin & The Holy Dixie Cup (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL