The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Granite Golem
View Profile
New user
St.-Petersburg, Russia
3 Posts

Profile of Granite Golem
While seeking help in solving my problem, I found your brilliant forum and decided to ask my question here (see "Magical Equations" - "Magical Cube 6x6x6 Filled with 0 and 1"). Speaking honestly, this problem is taken from "I Ching" (or "Yi Jing") - Chinese classical "Book of Changes", and those 64 numbers are simply 64 hexagrams. Yes, I'm strongly attracted to this book, and particularly to mathematics in this book, while I don't like manipulations with text (even with original Chinese columns of characters for hexagrams and their lines). So I'll be very glad to correspond with other explorers of mathematical aspects of I Ching. It is a sort of mathematical magic, as I see it.

Other my interests - astrology (mostly Chinese, but Avestian too), psychology (how real astrology can exist without psychology?). And languages.

I live in St.-Petersburg in Russia, so, as you can assume, English is not my native language. Even if I write good in it (I simply know how important is to know how to express thoughts clearly and exactly), I'm still afraid of large portions of English text.

P.S. Oh, and I didn't see so many smilies anywhere else! Do you use them all? Too many, and of different styles... And I myself hardly use smilies...
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Granite Golem,

I'm glad you decided to join us at the Café.

I have to admit I'm one of those people that frequently uses the smilies but as in real life, I often have a smile on my face. It's all personal taste however. Smile

There are over 80 countries represented at the Café and close to 10,000 members. We have grammar host which will make corrections but it appears you had no problems with your writing!

Please don't hesitate to post or ask questions of your own as the people here are very friendly.

Welcome! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello all! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL