The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from the United Kingdom (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Well... I have been directed here and I must say WOW to the number of articles that I am going to have to read through before I even begin to think about posting!!

My main interest in life is dance (hence the name) which I do professionally but have since got a few jobs working tables so my interest in magic has skyrocketed...

Started with Cards - mostly gimmicks and packets and have now moved to trying to find pure effects with sleights and only using gimmicks to enhance. Have also got very into coins and just started taking an interest in mentalism - a subject that previously bored me senseless.........

Nice to meet you all.. Smile
Roady
View Profile
New user
North East England
9 Posts

Profile of Roady
Hi Dancer

I know exactly what you mean, I've spent the last two weeks just reading posts, I love it here, Its the friendliest & most informative place Iv've came across.
I'm from the UK too, and mainly into cards.
Regards
Mark
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Salsa _ Dancer,

It's nice to have you join us at the Café. Welcome!

It's a bit overwhelming the first couple visits here but I'm sure you will be comfortable in no time. A suggestion is visit your favorite forums and you'll be able to see where things left off from your previous visit. Eventually, (seems we all do it) you will check out other forums which you may be curious about and open up a whole new area to which you are now exposed to. For myself it was the Bizarre Forum, those guys are wonderful and creative storytellers.

I'm sure you'll make your own discoveries and enjoy your time here.

Grab a chair and coffee, get comfortable and be prepared for lots of informative reading! Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-01-17 14:05, salsa_dancer wrote:
Well... I have been directed here and I must say WOW to the number of articles that I am going to have to read through before I even begin to think about posting!!

My main interest in life is dance (hence the name) which I do professionally but have since got a few jobs working tables so my interest in magic has skyrocketed...

Started with Cards - mostly gimmicks and packets and have now moved to trying to find pure effects with sleights and only using gimmicks to enhance. Have also got very into coins and just started taking an interest in mentalism - a subject that previously bored me senseless.........

Nice to meet you all.. Smile

Hey!! Salsa_Dancer,

Welcome to the Café. I have enjoyed yor posts on the MT forum and I look forward to your posts here on the Café.

I hope your moniker is not indicative of your coordination and/or your ultimate location at the end of your dance routines. If it is, stay away from sleight of hand. <G>

Seriously, you have picked two very interesting areas of magic (close-up with cards/coins and mentalism) and you should end up enjoying both.

Again, welcome.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
wizz
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of wizz
Hey more uk based people!!!! welcome Smile
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Thanks for the welcome!! Turk it is good to see a familiar face...

Chrystal, I will check out the bizzare forum on your recommendation!!

looking forward to some good magic chat... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from the United Kingdom (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL