We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Never been to this Café before! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twillsinc
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
19 Posts

Profile of twillsinc
Hi all,
Just introducing myself. I'm Tom from Sheffield, UK. I only work with cards, barely touched gimmicks as its the skills I enjoy more than anything else but a few have creeped in recently. Been working with cards for almost 5 years now and for the last year started to perform in public - town centres etc and also got some paid work. 2x charity events, 2x weddings, a birthday party etc. I have a wedding lined up this month and a whisper of something in London's west end?? will know more detail on Tuesday Smile)) I don't think that one is paid just a magic event but sounds fun.

I'm at a point where I've had an awful lot of positive responses yet I don't feel like I should be putting myself out there. No website no real thing to show online apart from 2x awfully recorded middle of town centre videos on youtube and some at home spectator view fixed camera performances some of which I like.

www.youtube.com/twillsinc

Not advertising but if anyone has any constructive criticism I always take it on board. A relaxed style, nothing vibrant, no awful costumes top hats and colours. Just smart hoody-shirt baggy jeans and a deck of cards Smile that's my style and it seems to be working for me. ACR is by far the greatest trick in the world, versatile, as long or short as you like, uses a variety of skills all in 1 session with multiple reactions so I will always be doing a version of that everywhere I go.

Hoping to be around a lot on this site because it looks really nice and always happy to chip in if I think I can offer anything.

Cya at the card table

Twills
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome twillsink,

I enjoyed you video.

There are people working pro. who don't have such impressive stuff, so your Magic is strong.

Working pro is a lot about interaction and fun.
I love strong Magic but a good laugh or a real connection with the audience trumps all.

Effects that don't require a table or have bad angle problems are a real asset.
If you take that into account as you build your working repertoire it will save time.

Good luck and get out there. The only way to get the rest of the skills you want is to do it.
(Maybe you already have people skills that could not be displayed alone. If so, you are all set to go.)

-Mary Mowder
SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
Enjoyed the Haunted Deck! I've never had one of those magic dispensers needed for that effect, methinks I'll do some shopping Smile
twillsinc
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
19 Posts

Profile of twillsinc
Hey all,

Wow what compliments Smile) Wouldn't consider myself pro at all but happy with my progression. Never bought the dispensers SatanicBurrito so I don't know what the "inovative linking system" is like. It's my 2nd pack of loops... my first set of 5 broke within an hour of practice but the 2nd pack I've managed to get about 15 performances out and only broke 2 so that's better. I'm not convinced it suits my style as there isn't much skill involved but it does give a great reaction!

I did however recently purchase the omnideck - you know that over priced clear bit of plastic? used it 3x once to my girlfriend who knows everything I do and got a oooooo which I havn't had for a while (no bedroom jokes!) and 2 others who got a nice shock. I consider it a prop more than a gimmick so I'm ok with using it!

peace
Twills
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Never been to this Café before! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL