The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Lennart Green's Japanse Box? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arsenal
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
77 Posts

Profile of Arsenal
Hello all,

I am looking for the drawer used by Lennart Green in his recent Penguin lecture (in his puzzle section), where he pulled the drawer out, dropped a coin into, then closed it.

No matter how the box is rotated around, the drawer always faces up when he pulled it out. Thus, the coin never drops.

He only mentioned it's a Japanese box. I asked the guys at Penguin and they had no clue what it is either ...

Thanks
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Hello!

you are looking for a japanese box called "openable box" from Hideto Satou.
There are more informations on the karakuri's website:
http://www.karakuri.gr.jp/creation/satou/satou.htm

Hope you can find one!

best,

merlin
Arsenal
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
77 Posts

Profile of Arsenal
Thanks so much for the information, Merlin.

I'll try to find one. Karakuri website no longer stocks the box it seems. Sloyd from Finland has it in stock but they are not very customer-friendly ...
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Hello Arsenal,

in my experience, I didn't have any problems with Sloyd (I bought 2 or 3 things from them), my main concern was their stock, not always up to date... If they have still the box you are looking for, don't hesitate! Otherwise, you can contact me (pm) I have another contact that could help you (nothing sure however)

good luck!

merlin
mir11
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of mir11
If you having issues with Sloyd send them an email tomas.linden@sloyd.fi , they have resolved all my issues in the past promptly
shadowsowner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shadowsowner
My apologies as I know I am resurrecting an old thread but I am new to the forums. One of my daughters has loved and collected puzzles boxes since she was very young. We try to give her one for the holidays and her birthday.

I'd be very interested in purchasing an openable box if anyone knows where one is available. (I've always been a big fan of Lennart Green's work!) I wasn't aware of the Sloyd from Finland website till now and they have some great stuff but I couldn't find a box as described.

Thanks all for a great forum!
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I don't have a direct answer for you. I am not sure what exactly a puzzle box is. However, I was just remembering that on YouTube Chris Ramsay has done a lot of puzzle solving videos. It may be that he has done a puzzle box or two and that might lead to a source. It would be worth looking since the are not easy to find.
shadowsowner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shadowsowner
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2014, Arsenal wrote:
Hello all,

I am looking for the drawer used by Lennart Green in his recent Penguin lecture (in his puzzle section), where he pulled the drawer out, dropped a coin into, then closed it.

No matter how the box is rotated around, the drawer always faces up when he pulled it out. Thus, the coin never drops.

He only mentioned it's a Japanese box. I asked the guys at Penguin and they had no clue what it is either ...

Thanks

Puzzle boxes are boxes which have a hidden multistep sequence to open. The box described in the lennart green lecture is different and intrigues me. I'd be interested in learning more and tracking one down.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Lennart Green's Japanse Box? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL