The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The worst Videos/Dvd's you have seen.... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..16~17~18 [Next]
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
Quote:
On 2004-01-18 01:50, strmagiceet wrote:
Born to perform- penguin magic

I think it was just a way to get money from beginners. I have all ellusionist videos, and even though I don't like ellusionist, their videos are so much better to learn from. Penguin just wanted to get everyone to buy from them. Well they make me laugh Smile . Good thing I'm not ever buying from them again.

I'm curious. Do you actually own the DVD? Or have you seen it in it's entirety?

I think it is well made and Oz does a good job teaching.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On 2004-01-20 15:43, Geoff Weber wrote:
I'm glad to see people don't like Suspended Dimension. Hopefully that means I'll be the only one using it!!! Smile

Hello Geoff, I believe all those people who don't like Suspended Dimension refer to the DVD and not the material contained. In fact Suspended Dimension is a very strong weapon with endless applications but the way it is explained and demonstrated in the DVD is purely pathetic.
The real strenght of this DVD is that it avoids 99% of viewers to appreciate the gimmick. And this means those few brave guys who decide to take the time to make the gimmick and reherse it will be strongly repaid.

Sincerely
Academy
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Solo by Dominique Duvivier... although the effects are quite good I couldn't stand the way he kept pouting for the camera... way too french for my British eyes!!!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17029 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote: Solo by Dominique Duvivier... although the effects are quite good I couldn't stand the way he kept pouting for the camera... way too french for my British eyes!!!

If you can get by the pouting on his 3 video A1 set, there is some really good magic there, but I know what you mean.... Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Dominique Duvivier is a fine technical magcian, but an absolute snore. I got his A1 vidoes after hearing greta things and he put me to sleep.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
maurile
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
102 Posts

Profile of maurile
Quote:
On 2004-01-21 00:44, Ron Giesecke wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out what these 'appreciated" thoughts accomplish.
Honest negative reviews of bad products help steer others away from them and toward better products instead. "Bad" versus "better" is subjective, but other people's opinions are relevant.
delgadil
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of delgadil
Quote:
On 2004-01-20 20:54, MagicChris wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-01-20 18:56, delgadil wrote:
I'm new here, and I couldn't resist...

I recently bought Jim Pace's Visu-Antics on an impulse at a magic shop and this DVD blows. Waste of money. Full of little bits and mediocre magic. Come on, he has the old classic "Bouncing the Dinner Roll" gag on his DVD! Very disappointing. Even his vanishes are constructed in such a way that makes his obvious where the coin goes. Whatever. No more impulsive DVD purchases for me.

By the way, I have a brand-new Jim Pace DVD for sale. Any takers?

Kevin Smile

Did you watch Jim's coin matrix on this DVD? I thought it was incredible.

He has some very good material, I think.

Yeah I saw it, it's totally weak compared to the one on Dean Dill's DVDs which doesn't require an extra coin. Also I thought Jim's routine just didn't look natural -- the laydown sequence wasn't logical and looks suspicious. My opinion anyway.. Smile

Kevin
trulymagic
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of trulymagic
I would have to say Shock FX by andrew mayne. I thought it was a horrible dvd I mean a few good routines but most of the effects are just plain stupid. And by the way strmagiceet I think it is stupid ur not buying from penguin just becaue you made one bad purchase and you are the first person ive ever heard talk bad about BTP. I thought it was a great DVD. Penguin is a great site, there customer service is great they have the best prices I have ever seen I mean its a steal for most of the stuff they carry. Im just sayin you ashouldn't stop buying from someone because you made a bad decision and they aren't selfish they are the farthest thing from it. They will do almost anything to help you out. Smile
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Quote:
On 2004-01-21 10:56, academy wrote:

Quote:
On 2004-01-20 15:43, Geoff Weber wrote:
I'm glad to see people don't like Suspended Dimension. Hopefully that means I'll be the only one using it!!! Smile

Hello Geoff, I believe all those people who don't like Suspended Dimension refer to the DVD and not the material contained. In fact Suspended Dimension is a very strong weapon with endless applications but the way it is explained and demonstrated in the DVD is purely pathetic.
The real strenght of this DVD is that it avoids 99% of viewers to appreciate the gimmick. And this means those few brave guys who decide to take the time to make the gimmick and reherse it will be strongly repaid.

Sincerely
Academy

I would say that the gimmick itself has a lot of potential. I was, however commenting on the dvd itself. I love the idea but did not like the fact that it was thrown together. They could have spent time testing this and developing routines and ideas along with showing this working in the real world. Instead, they stopped by the grocery store on their way to the studio and threw things together in the car on the way. They could also have shown some more detail on the construction of the gimmick. After all, it does cost a pretty penny for a dvd. Also, Kevin should be paying to advertise, not taking our money to do so. Smile
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Quote:
On 2004-01-20 20:53, MagicChris wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-01-19 15:08, iamslow wrote:
The magic of David Eldridge from Brad Burt... Pure garbage...

Are you Chris Randall? be up front, please.

No I am not chris Randall...My name is Jonathan Santiago, and I'm from Toronto Canada
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-01-21 19:27, trickster2000 wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-01-20 20:53, MagicChris wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-01-19 15:08, iamslow wrote:
The magic of David Eldridge from Brad Burt... Pure garbage...

Are you Chris Randall? be up front, please.

No I am not chris Randall...My name is Jonathan Santiago, and I'm from Toronto Canada

Thanks, Jonathon!

You were so rough on the Eldridge video, I thought maybe you were Randall.

Check out David's Gambling Video. I think you'll be impressed!.

Vhris

gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
I'm afraid the Johnny Ace Palmer videos were a miserable disappointment. Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10690 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Get Bent By Doug Brewer, I was very dissapointed in his DVD. I am a very big fan of Doug's and have been to his lectures, His material on the DVD did not do it for me..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
budionodarmawan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of budionodarmawan
I agree with solo by Dominique Duvivier, and http://www.mymagic.com categorized it in advanced.i get bit dissapointment.
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Hi magicchris, I did enjoy the gambling vid, I just didn't like the Magic vid...
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Maestro
I was really dissapointed with one of the Harry Lorayne Must Be the Best Teacher of Close Up Magic videos. I got it for ten dollars at a small magic shop, but when I got home I struggled to get through the performance section awake Smile.
ctmagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ctmagic
I'll tell you - the worst video I've ever seen is the one I made myself when I was about twelve!

I'd been given the Paul Daniels magic set for Christmas and had the idea that I could reveal to the world my superb expertise, you know with all those plastic balls and sponges...

To be honest, the whole thing looks as though I was performing on a ship at sea, the guy (relative) holding the camera being slightly drunk and vaguely needing a trip to the bathroom.

Maybe I should upload it to the site for a laugh...

Scott
http://www.card-trick-magic.com
http://www.magic-tips-and-tricks.com
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Quote:
On 2004-01-21 16:17, trulymagic wrote:
I would have to say Shock FX by andrew mayne. I thought it was a horrible dvd I mean a few good routines but most of the effects are just plain stupid. And by the way strmagiceet I think it is stupid ur not buying from penguin just becaue you made one bad purchase and you are the first person ive ever heard talk bad about BTP. I thought it was a great DVD. Penguin is a great site, there customer service is great they have the best prices I have ever seen I mean its a steal for most of the stuff they carry. Im just sayin you ashouldn't stop buying from someone because you made a bad decision and they aren't selfish they are the farthest thing from it. They will do almost anything to help you out. Smile

Ah, you must have missed several other threads here that have mentioned Penguin Magic. If they really wanted to go out of the way to they would refund me $90 of the $100 I spent for TIES. worst purchase I ever made.Wish I could say I was drunk but I don't drink. ANyway,this thread is about dvds and videos so one of the worst I ever bought was MAGIC POWER VIDEO with Mark Sweet.
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
I'd have to agree with you on Suspended Dimension

-Jay
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hmmmm. I can't agree with everyone here on some things.

The Johnny Ace Palmer videos had some great material on them. I don't think he's an exciting performer, but he has his chops down and tipped some great ideas.

Sweet had some good material. Not all of it was poor.

If I can get one good idea that I can put into my work immediately, then it was worth the purchase. I sell everything after I go through it, si I guess I'm sort of renting DVD's/vidoes.

Some I will never part with as I refer back to them.

1) Bill Malone's series.
2) Scott Guinn's DVD
3) James Lewis Million Dollar Mysteries
4) Ammar's Easy to Master coin ad Card DVD's

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The worst Videos/Dvd's you have seen.... (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL