The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The worst Videos/Dvd's you have seen.... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Jay nosebleeda sponge ball DVD. Absolutely the worst I've seen.
I saw another post that his Slydini silks DVD was ****.
I also caught the promo that showed his shellgame routine which was also really really awful.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 19:39, Frank Starsini wrote:
I also caught the promo that showed his shellgame routine which was also really really awful.

His material is geared towards beginners.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 19:44, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 19:39, Frank Starsini wrote:

His material is geared towards beginners.

Even if it's for a beginner, that's no excuse for a poorly constructed routine or a routine that brinks on exposure due to the thoughtlessness of it's construction (shellgame).

He states on the DVD that...
"This DVD is the last word on Sponge Balls"

Sounds like the best of the best to me.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2004-01-21 12:57, salsa_dancer wrote:
Solo by Dominique Duvivier... although the effects are quite good I couldn't stand the way he kept pouting for the camera... way too french for my British eyes!!!

Dominique Duvivier has a specific personality which some people have a problem with. I'm one of them and he knows for we spoke about it several times.
You however should realize that there might be some prejudice in your "British eyes" for Dominique is not really typical as a French man.

Does magic gain from negative casting of one another based on their cultural background and bashing on that account?

I have doubts about this. Actually as a French I learned magic from Fred Robinson, a British magician, and the cultural differences were more a source of assets and interests than a problem.

Naturally you are entitled to your opinion about Dominique Duvivier's approach to magic , mine or any magician for that matter. I just doubt that nationalism can bring anything to knowledge and communication in an international forum and by the way "don't throw stones when you live in a glass house". Since this is not a French proverb your "British eyes" should be able to understand it better.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1532 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Quote:
On 2004-01-28 20:36, Mistro wrote:
Doc Eason's Bar Magic series
School of Hardknocks
Ted Lesley Cabret Magic series

I have to agree with a previous post: Doc's Bar Magic series has some of the strongest close up you can perform, and Doc's a seasoned pro. If it's not your "cup of tea", granted. But you can't deny the guy's chops or ability to perform.

As for the Lesley series, I loved Ted Lesley's thinking and ideas in magic and mentalism. Unfortunately, these were done when he was beginning to suffer from Parkinson's and it showed. Bill Palmer might be able to give more details on this than I can.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
basic_mystifier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of basic_mystifier
Sweet.........i personally didn't like ninja 1 .... 2 was better
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
Jay Marshall's "Table Crap" They gave it the right name!
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Wizard PK ring dvd is at the top of my list as well as most free dvds a dealer has ever given away.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1418 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Transference by Daryl Sato. I bought this DVD, only to find out that it is yet another kid with a camera and a horrible idea. Please, my fellow friends, do not waste your hard earned money on this. It is a complete joke. Now a days, when I see a new video come out, it has to come from a reputable magician. I.E Dan Tong's new videos. Those were brilliant.
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I was not impressed with Infusion by Andrew Mayne
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
368 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Well, this "product", per se, is really a download-only video, but Nathan Kranzo's "Instuctional video" for his Lighter leashes is wretched schlock!!

It only costs $3 (as part of a combo available on his site).....and the lighter leashes are great! Simple, but so handy!! Really, this is one of those videos that I guarantee you this gentleman threw together in 20 minutes.
Buy the lighter leases and skip the video.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Wow.... this thread has grown a lot... first than all
I just discovered this thread because I found myself watching Chris Randall sweet.. and I had forgotten about the frankelfish routine which I thought it was great..
soo yeah.. the dvd sucks, but I am dying out to try out that routine..

also Noblezada Sponge balls is a great dvd, the routines are great and that's a great way to lay down the cards or coins or whatever..

and now.. the bashing...
I will say True Astonishments and Manchurian Approach... but that's only because I don't want anybody to use them..

nah for real..
I love the guy and I respect him very much
but is gotta be Ben Harris Hole in the head
that should pass out as the worst excuse for a magic video... at least Sweet has an awesome routine and a few decent ones... hole in the head... is just.. well.. lets just say is so bad he fills up minutes on the dvd with ads from his other inventions like floating match (which I wish I bought it instead) lets just say that
if a 10 year posted him performing this trick on youtube I would think there was something wrong with that kid.. it is that bad.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The worst Videos/Dvd's you have seen.... (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL