The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Viking Magic Coin Drop Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Received 2 "Coin Drop Gimmick" from Viking. I am really excited about this dropper. The hold Nielsen Coins if you want. The gimmick delivers the coins into your hand. It is a great device for the coin manipulator.

I suggest you tie the coins to prevent noise, but this is not necessary. Just press the heal of your hand against the lever and the coins fall into your hand. I waited 50 years for a gimmick like this.

Bill Smile
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I have this too. It's great, but you have to a little work to make that thing silent.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Hint please at what work is reguired and how hard it is to accomplish?
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
A little felt or so to pad that thing. Very easy to do!
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just tie the coins according to Geoffery Buckingham instructions or the detailed coin routine in the book Coin Manipulation published by Ron McMillion from Unique Magic Studion in London England.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I use a gondola style dropper ....The bad thing is the coins can pre maturely fall out if I move too fast ... but I can fit 15 to 20 norm nielsen coins in them... How secure is this dropper ?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This dropper is very secure in holding the coins. It only holds about 5 Neilsen coins.
Danny T.
View Profile
New user
New York
39 Posts

Profile of Danny T.
I pretty much have all the coin holders in the US market. I have used them all in not only once but many occations. I have the Viking also. I even have special coin holders custom made by coin holders manufacturers and I can honestly tell you the very best coin holder that I own is distributed by D Robbins and Co. also known as E-Z magic. and it only cost $2.50 and I have paid over 45 dollars for others. This coin holder holds 5 half dollars or 5 quarters or 6 Neilsen despite the difference in coin size this holder adjust to any of those and holds them tight and the best part is that you can steal them one at the time or all of them at once.
Magic is a dream in which we put ourselves in the fantasy of the reality that surrounds us. It's a wishful thinking that all human kind posses. It's life itself. And I for one believe in it.
Danny T.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, I can agree and disagree with Danny T. The coin holder he mentions was well made in the old days before India. Now that Robbins imports all from India, the gimmicks are not made properly.

This type of gimmick is a take or remove holder. It does not automatically deliver the coins into your hand. Thus more movement is required with more misdirection on the magicians part.

Abbott's Magic of Colon, Michigan still make this gimmick. It is a little better then the India model, but not as good as the old Robbins model made of brass.
Danny T.
View Profile
New user
New York
39 Posts

Profile of Danny T.
Wmhegbli.
Thank you for the comment.....It's true the gimmick doesn't deliver coins to your hand, that's why I said you steal the coins. It's also true they don't make it anymore like the old days but it's very funtional and it's easy to bend, twist and adjust to your requirements despite the fact that it's made of brass. This brass is soft enough to bend easily. I like it. Hey I'll be posting my picture soon last night I tried but the system didn't take it so I'll try with another picture later. I guess you won't be seeing my pretty face today. hehehee
Magic is a dream in which we put ourselves in the fantasy of the reality that surrounds us. It's a wishful thinking that all human kind posses. It's life itself. And I for one believe in it.
Danny T.
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
That sounds nice...will it hold a silver dollar?

Google searching found this for me:
http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=7698
That site says it will, but I saw another that seemed to imply otherwise, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I've been thinking of getting a dropper so this was a timely thread for me!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you need a holder for a single silver dollar, let me know. I'll PM you a special one. I also can tell you how to make one that will hold several silver dollars.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 17:35, evanthx wrote:

That sounds nice...will it hold a silver dollar?

Nielsen palming coins are dollar size. So to answer your question, yes it will hold silver dollars. That said, if you are you use real money, then it will not hold very many, as palming coins are the thickness of a dime.

Then if you are using old pure silver coins or the newer Morgan clade coins is another consideration, as they are even thicker.

Nice work on that Jet Pack!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Viking Magic Coin Drop Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL