The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The secret area » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drgnjames123
View Profile
New user
delaware
32 Posts

Profile of drgnjames123
Does anyone know how to gain access to the secrets area of the Café`?
James
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
You need to have 50 legitimate posts to gain access.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi DrgnJames,

The Kernel is correct it must be 50 legitimate post that results in assisting others or enhances previous post which a poster is commenting on. Things like "I agree" or "me too" doesn't cut it and will not add up to post count. Some forums don't contribute to post count like It's not Magic forum or Greeting New Arrivals. Sheesh if that were the case my post count would be around 2,000!! Smile

Thanks for asking this important question and for more clarification you should check out the rules and regs forums(it's one of the first forums listed.)

Chrystal Smile
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
Just my personal thoughts here.
I would say the answer would be no, pay your dues first.
I was every bit as anxious as you to get my 50 posts and enter the realm of secrets.
I tried to make my posts worthwhile but just getting back into magic left me with limited worthwhile info to share.
Anyways I finally made it in and the first couple days were great, but in all honesty I had got every bit as much great info from just reading the available threads all the way back.
From my experience now I would still say I get more info on the regular board than I do in the Secret area.
Secret sessions are really not all that active and in most cases no more is revealed than what you find in the other threads...just take your time and if you haven't already go back through the threads that intrest you and follow links if provided.
Read some reviews, make a comment thanking the reviewer and try to think of a question or idea to help forward the discussion and in no time you will be in the secret sessions arena.
Best of luck
Nick Zender
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27134 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You might be surprised at how much there is available in the non 'secrets' areas.

Many of the best essays, posts and discussions are right out in the open.

What's the rush to type thumb**p without asterisks?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Master121,
Sure, you can PM anybody you want about secrets, or anything else.

Whether they'll reply is ANOTHER question.

Smile

cheers,
Peter Marucci
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
An idea? Well, branch out into the other forums here. Routinely check the top four or five topics that are posted to the most...Picka card, New to magic, Show me the money, Ever so sleightly..etc...there's bound to be areas where you can comment or help!
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The secret area » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL