The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Pink Floyd Album? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Looks like it.

Quote:

7 July 2014

'THE ENDLESS RIVER'

Pink Floyd can confirm that they are releasing a new album, The Endless River, in October 2014. It is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. The album is produced by David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson. Work is still in progress, but more details to come at the end of the summer.

The absence of Roger Waters' name is curious. More to follow, I am sure.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'd be more surprised (albeit pleasantly) by its presence.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Well, I think he's only played with them once since he quit the band. And he said right afterwards that based on that experience he wouldn't be working with Pink Floyd again either touring or recording.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Magnus, just curious, did you find that info from Bob's thread about UFOs? I was just about to post that! lol
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
LOL no. Stumbled across an article on cbc.ca and went straight to pinkfloyd.com for official word.

Where did you see it on the UFO thread?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
There was a link to the Pink Floyd story on the same page as the UFO article I referenced.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 7, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
There was a link to the Pink Floyd story on the same page as the UFO article I referenced.

That's right...almost. The actual path was UFOs - F16 flies to close to audience - Pink Floyd Album.

I've always been a Floyd fan, even played guitar in a Pink Floyd tribute band for a while, but I personally think they lost a bit of their magic after Waters left. Still good, just not AS good.

But with that being said, I am looking forward to the new album.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Actually, Daryl, the links on that site change every hour or so. When I first read the article, the Pink Floyd link was on the same page.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Thank You Bob, I stand corrected. Smile
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
It's not Pink Floyd without Roger Waters. Just an empty, hollow mass of jangling cacophony.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
It's Ink Flo!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Interestingly enough, a few years back, the 3 members were playing sold out shows and in a few cases, Waters was playing to empty seats in same area. I saw them live a couple times, always a blast and the original line up is the key. However Gilmour and company had a lot of success after Waters exited.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

The 2 sides fought legal battles for years over who would retain the name, if Waters had won it would have been the other way around.

I saw both of Floyd's tours minus Waters, I also saw Waters do "The Wall" minus Floyd. All shows were top notch.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
If Gilmour is present can it be anything but great?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The PF whole was far greater than the sum of its parts. Both Waters and Gilmour are great without the other, but neither is GREAT in the sense that Floyd was.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

^+1
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Lobo Agreed. Seeing them in 77 on Animals-Wish you were here and in 80 for the Wall was a blast.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
They lost their edge but I'm not sure it was just Roger leaving as much as getting fat and old. Young Floyd without Roger would have been just as quirky strange and great. Roger is the only one who kept that manic air very late in their careers.

There was a Floyd masterpiece to be had without him, but they never found their way there. I dread Division bell. Dread it. I'm hoping there is more than the cacophony already mentioned!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Pink Floyd Album? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL