The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut and Restored Bike Tire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrQuinn
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of MrQuinn
Billy McComb did a a cut and restored bicycle tire. Anyone know where it appears in the literature? Thanks...
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Are you sure it was a tire and not an inner tube?

Inner tube is easy. Tire.........don't have a clue!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
MrQuinn
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of MrQuinn
In the TA Waters Encyclopedia, it was referred to as a tire. Waters knew a lot about all things magical, but maybe the difference between a tire and an inner tube was beyond him. I'm not sure. Thanks for your response, at any rate.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, MrQuinn wrote:
In the TA Waters Encyclopedia, it was referred to as a tire. Waters knew a lot about all things magical, but maybe the difference between a tire and an inner tube was beyond him. I'm not sure. Thanks for your response, at any rate.

Oh, you found your source, I will stop looking for you then. Thanks for letting us know.
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
If Waters said it was a tire - it was a tire. I think he was the the librarian at The Magic Castle some time ago and an accomplished writer, so I suspect he would be precise. There are several folks here at the Café that knew Billy McComb, hopefully someone who knew of this routine could help.

Good luck.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
The First Book of William page 12-13. That book was first published in 1947. Only other reference to cut and restored inner tube is from Viggo Jahn who included that routine in his lecture notes.
MrQuinn
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of MrQuinn
Thank you all for your responses, and especially to you bojanbarisic for the reference. I ordered the book just after you chimed in and was intending to report back on my impressions. Unfortunately, the book got lost in the mail... I guess it's not too surprising that a magic book would disappear. Thnaks again to all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut and Restored Bike Tire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL