The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breakthrough by Johannes Mengal (61 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ahhh. Now were getting the goods... pros and cons please? Its a $30 effect so I'm curious on full reviews
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, paisa23 wrote:
Ahhh. Now were getting the goods... pros and cons please? Its a $30 effect so I'm curious on full reviews

The cons... Well. It can not be done COMPLETELY impromptu. I can not get more near that without revealing the secret. When you watch the DVD you would know why this is a tiny con. Anyone agree with me? Though it is no problem at all and should make no suspicion.

And I find it difficult to show the penetration surrounded or with spectators in a wide angle. Again, I don't know if others agree with me - just speaking from my own experience.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks alot. I was wondering about size of coin. didn't want to go smaller than a quarter... I do appreciate the info.
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
Thanks alot. I was wondering about size of coin. didn't want to go smaller than a quarter... I do appreciate the info.

I have no knowlegde of american currencies. I live in Denmark and I have a major favorite in the danish 50 cent. Only problem is that people don't have this coin on them so often (it is the lowest value). The other coins seem a bit too large or a bit too small, but they do work. I am sure every currency has a few candidates for this effect.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, ComposerCopenhagen wrote:
Quote:

The cons... Well. It can not be done COMPLETELY impromptu. I can not get more near that without revealing the secret. When you watch the DVD you would know why this is a tiny con. Anyone agree with me? Though it is no problem at all and should make no suspicion.

And I find it difficult to show the penetration surrounded or with spectators in a wide angle. Again, I don't know if others agree with me - just speaking from my own experience.

so in otherword this trick need little bit set up...? So the question is... can the set up done under spectator's nose or we have to go to other room or toilet to do the set up ?
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, DigaMag wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

so in otherword this trick need little bit set up...? So the question is... can the set up done under spectator's nose or we have to go to other room or toilet to do the set up ?

Oh, don't misunderstand me. The "setup" is so small - nobody catch that - at all. I wouldnt even call it a setup. I just mean, that you can not perform this if you go naked into a room and ask someone for a coin and a can. And it is quite difficult to let them give you just any coin value.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, don't misunderstand me. The "setup" is so small - nobody catch that - at all. I wouldnt even call it a setup. I just mean, that you can not perform this if you go naked into a room and ask someone for a coin and a can. And it is quite difficult to let them give you just any coin value.

Okey... thank you very much for the information bro...
i looking for purchase this but I just worried about the practicality...
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
I guess the question everyone is asking is this: could I walk into a room, borrow a can (of my own choosing, if can type is an issue), select a coin from a handful handed to me by the spectator (or else offer them my own handful and let them pick), and then go into the effect?
If so, it's more than good enough for me.
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, Gorecki wrote:
I guess the question everyone is asking is this: could I walk in to a room, borrow a can (of my own choosing, if can type is an issue), select a coin from a handful handed to me by the spectator (or else offer them my own handful and let them pick), and then go into the effect?
If so, it's more than good enough for me.

Well, the hard answer is no. .. in theory. The more impromptu you want to be with this trick the more prepared you need to be. I can not go more to depth. But there is no need to be 100 % impromptu. Just ask for the right coin - if the spectators don't wear one, then offer them yours. And you are done, ready to go. Very easy and practical.
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Well if coin size if the only worry, then you're covered. That's what I meant: either you ask them for a pocketful of change and YOU pick the coin out of all those offered, or you offer your own pocketful of coins (which conveniently features only coins of the required sizes), and let the spectator pick one.

If what I just wrote is true, then it's impromptu enough for me.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Can the can be examined before and after? Thanks.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, itsmagic wrote:
Can the can be examined before and after? Thanks.

Yes, it can be before and after, nothing gimmicked in the trick.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
PS- I've bought this morning, watched a little bit, I'll write a detailed review later ok guys?
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, Ceierry wrote:
PS- I've bought this morning, watched a little bit, I'll write a detailed review later ok guys?

I'm waiting for your review...
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2014, Gorecki wrote:
Well if coin size if the only worry, then you're covered. That's what I meant: either you ask them for a pocketful of change and YOU pick the coin out of all those offered, or you offer your own pocketful of coins (which conveniently features only coins of the required sizes), and let the spectator pick one.

If what I just wrote is true, then it's impromptu enough for me.

Only watched half of the DVD, but yes...you can do what you've said.
To me this is as impromptu as it can get. It really is a wondeful effect. And as for someone sayng the DVD is too long and too much backslapping from the guys (can't recall now if it's in this thread as I'm stuck in a message window) but the length of the DVD is really a plus point for me. It's brilliant seeing the bothers journey from first coming up with an effect, submitting it to large magic dealers to get famous after only a few months trial (as all young people do - and some not so old), and then take on all the negative feedback and go on a lenghty journey to create an effect that ticks all the boxes they've been given. I say thumbs up to the both of them and this DVD should be required viewing for all aspiring creators as how to approach this type of thing.

Quite inspirational actually...and a brilliant effect into the bargain.
Sordini
View Profile
New user
USA
70 Posts

Profile of Sordini
I too think this is inspirational and a quality purchase. All concerns are deeply covered. I have only watched the first hour (of two) and I just wish every effect had this level of solidity behind it's teaching. I very much look forward to trying this. I will certainly be investing the practice this week
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
For everyone that already purchased this... how about a level of difficulty about this method...? If we can scale this between 1 to 10.... what scale do you think about this....
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
For everyone that already purchased this... how about a level of difficulty about this method...? If we can scale this between 1 to 10.... what scale do you think about this....

Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
Quote:

Personally, I think 5. But I've not practiced.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
It's very angly. Not all cans will work. The method is simple but not new. A great looking effect that I'm sure some will get some good mileage from. The angle issue is in regards to holding the can just right, sort of like getting the angle just right for the Balduci levitation. My pop cans (Canada) can only fit knickles, and the angle required is tricky. It would me easier, and more easy to clean up using a ma$#@!.

I bought the download and was almost put to sleep from the long dragged out intro. The explanation was short but to the point, but all the other stuff was just boring filler. Maybe that's just me.

The video trailer depicts the set up, and the trailer does show the effect in it's entirety. I put a $10 dollar value on it, and should be just an instant download. .
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Breakthrough by Johannes Mengal (61 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL