We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Time to make my entrance! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TickTock
View Profile
New user
Worcester, Massachusetts
18 Posts

Profile of TickTock
Greetings from Massachusetts; where we steal our place names from the English and then don't pronounce them correctly!

My name is Matt, and I've been an on-and-off-again magician for a little over a decade; my parents got me set up with the Tarbell Course in Magic when I was in my late teens, and I've been hooked ever since. Truth be told, I've been hooked for a lot longer than that, but who's counting? The books may be gone (damned yard sales!), but the interest remains.

More recently, I'd been looking for a hobby that doesn't involve computers, and I found some of my old gear that hadn't made it out to that ***ed yard sale. Combined with a burgeoning interest in Victoriana, I've been looking into the world of performance magic, specifically Séances and The Bizarre. My end goal is to develop a personna and routine that meshes the impromptu feel of "Street-Magic", with some of the Lovecraftian elements found in... well... H.P Lovecraft. I'm told that if one stares into the Abyss long enough, it starts to stare back...
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome TickTock,

Just because the abyss winks at you, doesn't mean you have to jump.

How wise of your parents to start you with the Tarbell Course.

-Mary Mowder
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Why did you sell the Tarbell Course at a yard sale?:eek: Or did your parents do it when you weren't looking? (Mine did that with my Lionel train set.)

Welcome to the Café.
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Welcome to the Café, Matt. Enjoy the Magic.
My Mother sold my Lionel in a yard sale also.
Keith Shazam
SHAZAM!
Nickmallay
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Nickmallay
Hi! and welcome.

I have also thought about a Lovecraftian act. I think with the right persona it could be amazing!

Gook luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Time to make my entrance! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL