The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Christian Consortium on the Paranormal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

THOR
View Profile
New user
No. California
69 Posts

Profile of THOR
check out this website:

http://www.tobytravis.org/ccotp/index.html

Toby Travis just put on this event in London and may host another in the U.S. if there is enough interest.

Also, check out the well written articles.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
I am very careful in this matter. I do magic with a message for Childrens church, and I don't want them to get ANY mixed messages about what I do. I explain beforehand that what I am doing is just a "trick" and that there is nothing supernatural to it. If anyone has a short & simple way to explain this I am always open to suggestions on this.
Thanks
Steve
zzz
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Some of the key content of the Conference is readable and available on-line a the link given by Thor above.

If you encounter much discussion on the issues of paranormal experiences, or even just are interested in getting some additional tools in your toolbox to handle those strange questions that often come at Christians, (and all too often from Christians - who just don't understand.) then this is a great starting point.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
troublewit
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of troublewit
Sdgiu, If you are looking for clear, succinct ways to get across the idea that all you are doing is "tricks", and that there is nothing supernatural about it, here are some phrases:

"All my tricks have a natural explanation... they are 100% natural... that's why they're so good for you!

I only do tricks, I believe in miracles, and only God can do miracles. What I do are
"special effects", like in the movies.

Just "puzzles for the eyes.".....

If you would like some very thorough essays and helps in this matter, I refer you to Duane Laflin's essays in his Gospel magic text book... "Greater Gospel Magic".

Required reading for the Gospel performer in my opinion. Best regards, Chris
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Chris
Thanks for the great ideas, and I'll have to check out that "Greater Gospel magic" book.
Guess I've still not done all my required reading. But I'll make it up soon as I find the book.
Thanks again
Steve
zzz
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
490 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Steve
Here is another essay about Christian Magicians and what the Bible has to say about magic and sorcery.
http://www.gospelcom.net/fcm/domagic.html

Best wishes...... Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Christian Consortium on the Paranormal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL