We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Whats needed in the Henry Evans DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SBCLC442
View Profile
New user
West Virginia
16 Posts

Profile of SBCLC442
Im really really wanting to get the Henry Evans DVDs "Something More Than An Illusion Vol. 1-3" and understand that you have to build things in it somewhat. But what do I need to build the stuff or perform the stuff. Like silks, thumb tips, tape, special kind of wallet, etc.

Sort of like how in On The Loose you need Ultimate 3 Card Monte, Invisible Deck, Mental Photography Deck, Thumb Tip.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1090 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Tough to say ... there are a lot of effects that are ungaffed. You can probably do a matchup between his marketed effects and if you had a detailed listing of the effects on the DVDs. That'd probably get most of them that you would have to build or buy.

Brian
SBCLC442
View Profile
New user
West Virginia
16 Posts

Profile of SBCLC442
No, ummmmm. I mean like for the ones I have to make. What all do I need or is it just things I can find laying around the house.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1090 Posts

Profile of bekralik
The majority of what you need for the card work that involves gaffs can be found at a magic shop. There are a few items that you need a utility device to do that you can pick up at a magic shop.

I think the better effects are easier to buy than make, in my opinion.

Here's a review and some of the effects, but you should probably get a list of the effects and think about which ones sound like they're for you. This set is much harder to say what you need than Bill Malone's, which is mostly ordinary card work. There's just too many effects. Unless you're used to making effects yourself, I don't think you'd have the stuff you need lying around your home.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

Brian
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What's needed? A refund. Stay away from Evan's DVD's and effects. I.M.H.O. of course.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I might mention that the Michael Close dvds are similar in the respect that you will spend a long time hunting down items needed to perform the effects.

This post reminds me of something I have always noted.

I wish to heaven the dealers would be honest and TELL you up front what you will need to build after purchasing the dvd, so we wouldn't end up wasting our money on something we will never be able to perform.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Whats needed in the Henry Evans DVD? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL