We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Demon Kitty (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
And this is Demon Kitty - I just finished building her this special enclosure because she is highly aggressive. She has attacked me, my dad, my mom, my brother, my friends - she forced me to quarantine her for the past year in a room all alone. I don't think it has been good for her mental health, so with this new enclosure I can re-socialize her with my other cats (I now have six!).

She is not a bad kitty - not at all - in fact, she is very friendly and loving and all that nice stuff. She is just highly territorial, and any territory you give her she claims. For example, let her sleep on your bed and after about two weeks it becomes "her bed" and she will attack you if you try to use it. I've been tempted to contact Jackson Galaxy for help with her. Her attacks are full blown all out war - she scratches bites hisses - the only recourse is to lock her in a room for a couple of hours till she calms down, after which she comes out and acts like nothing happened.

Her original owner was going to have her put down, but I stepped up and said I'll take her in. Glad I did, because like I said ... she really is a good cat, she is just misunderstood.

Image


-JoeJoe

PS: You can "like" this on Facebook too. Smile
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Sounds like my cat. Best watchdog I ever had!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Image
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Joe Joe,

I enjoyed reading your post about Demon Kitty. Gotta love the ones with 'tude as once you win them over and they move over from the "dark side" they make the best cats! I had a cat very much like the one you describe and even my 4 large 100 pound dogs would give her wide berth when she walked the hallways. The cats would scramble out of her way. Eventually over time, she calmed down -and I even saw the day when she allowed other cats on "her couch". Your demon cat reminds me so much of mine. She passed away two months ago at the grand ole age of 21! I too adopted mine from the shelter after a stint in my home as her foster mom. She was my first foster, luckily her disposition didn't stop me from continuing to foster for various rescues. The shelter realized she was a lot older than previously thought and was too nasty to be adopted.She also had bad teeth which probably didn't help her disposition either. Like yourself , I adopted the nasty cat as it became apparent a permanent home probably wouldn't be found.

It took a couple years but she did eventually mellow out and her last year of life she was a gentle soul. Okay, by 20 she was an aged little ole lady cat but still full of life right up until she passed the following year. I was taking her monthly to the vets for checkups that last year and her vigor amazed my wonderful vet who had cared for her since the age of 7 when I adopted her. She never lashed out at me probably abiding by "never bite the hand that feeds you rule" but my friends and family were terrified of her for years.

I returned home 2 months ago to find her sleeping on the floor (unusual) picked her up and placed her on my lap. While she always sat next to me she had never sat on my lap before (never in 14 years!) but she was content, purring loudly and kept touching my face gently with her paw. She did this for aprox an hour until she passed in my arms. I've never experienced such a peaceful end from any of the numerous ones I've fostered at my private sanctuary (over 300 in the past 8 years) and never met one with such attitude. Yes, Joe Joe you have one of those "special ones"! I had to chuckle at your description that she is misunderstood, you're probably correct.

Your enclosure is awesome and I'm sure over time the other cats will get use to her and she to them. It's obvious you spent a lot of time making sure you had her best interest in mind. You've earned your angel wings!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Image
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2014, Chrystal wrote:
Hi Joe Joe,

Gotta love the ones with 'tude as once you win them over and they move over from the "dark side" they make the best cats!


Unfortunately, this cat is beyond just having a 'tude ... she has psychological issues. I doubt she will ever function as a "normal" cat, and will most likely will always be confined to her cage. Smile

I actually opened her cage for her today, she never left. She seems very content in there. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2927 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2014, JoeJoe wrote:
I actually opened her cage for her today, she never left. She seems very content in there. Smile

-JoeJoe


Yes, JoeJoe, I was just about to say, she appears to be quite content with her very own house. Perhaps especially knowing you built it for her. That's a feather in her cap, indeed, looks like. Smile Maybe she needs the extra security to relax. Could be she feels vulnerable and threatened by others approaching and is actually reacting defensively rather than aggressively. Results would be pretty much the same. Her perspective might be in keeping with that- and as you said, that could certainly be misunderstood. We all might think she's got nothing to be defensive about, but if she sees it differently, well, you know... that needs to be respected. Open mind. Peace to her, and the rest of you, too. Smile
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
That is a part of it Laurie ... from what I understand, she used to live with a "bully" cat and she spend most of her time hiding under the bed from him. So she seems to have taken on his personality as a kitten.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2927 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I'd say, maybe she's still coming from her own perspective, not his. Everyone else may think the threat is gone, because that particular individual cat is, but she might still fear it, is what I'm getting at. But cats do learn from others, so could be, as you say, she's learned from him how to get things done. Smile I've seen some of those kind of behaviours appear to be handed down from one to another- a passing of the torch, if you will. Smile I don't know her absolute reasoning, obviously. And I'm not about to impose my own on it- I'm just thinking out loud, again. Very interesting. Thankyou for sharing her with us.

I tried to "Like" on Facebook but it didn't give me the option, JoeJoe. Funny, because it let me share it, which I did. Smile
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
She is an interesting cat.

For example ... she is not afraid of vacuum cleaner ... she just lays right in front of it with a "go ahead - run me over" look.

She doesn't run from the water bottle either; she has a "I'm going to stand my ground no matter what" mentality.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2927 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I was thinking about her and some of my own cats earlier and yes, the thought, "nothing's gonna mess with me anymore" came to mind in regards to similar cat behaviours.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
You've obviously gone through great lengths to make her relax and enjoy her life. Kudos to you for all you've done! It may take a while but while she won't undergo changes perhaps in 1 or even a few years, I'm confident she'll eventually learn how to trust her surroundings and feel safe from harm. She has you to thank for a second chance at life. Smile Thank you for helping her and the others in your home. You've got a kind heart.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Train her to be an attack cat.

Image
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Then there's the vid of the cat who attacked a babysitter he thought was harming the toddler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkQZHadHhcc
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
How about a cat baby sitter?

Image
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
I would have it put down because it could hurt a child and I think its cruel to keep a cat in cage. .
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, tommy wrote:
I would have it put down because it could hurt a child and I think its cruel to keep a cat in cage. .



Image
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, tommy wrote:
I would have it put down because it could hurt a child and I think its cruel to keep a cat in cage. .


And where exactly do you expect to find a child in my apartment? [rolling eyes]

Typical human mentality. >:|



-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2014, tommy wrote:
I would have it put down because it could hurt a child and I think its cruel to keep a cat in cage. .


And where exactly do you expect to find a child in my apartment? [rolling eyes]

Typical human mentality. >:|



-JoeJoe


Yeah, Tommy, Don't you know cat people don't have human relationships?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
More ignorance.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Demon Kitty (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL