We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Demon Kitty (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
All over the place covered in blood.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20659 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Giving her the enclosure was brilliant. It solves all those territory issues. It is definitely so much better than having to put her down. Good on you for stepping up and doing something.

I am a dog trainer not cats but many of the issues are the same. She is fortunate you passed through her life when you did. I don't know if it was THE right answers but it seems like a good one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
My name is Felis Silvestris Catus, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Panthera Leo. I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Here's a cat that really opens a can of whoopass on this woman. Moral: Don't kick snow on a feral cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNSVMyxzxA
~michael baker
The Magic Company
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Yeah, I like that video. Typical flawed human logic - she thinks because she is bigger than the cat she is superior. No ... cats are the kings of the jungle. They carry a lot of bacteria, one cat bite is enough to kill a human being. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Then let the cat live in the jungle and you live in the cage.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2927 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Human mouth is very dangerous, too.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
I'm sorry, That is ridiculous, domesticated house cats are not kings of the jungle, that's lions. Menace animals should be put down. What if your precious kitty got out and attacked a child ? If a house pet is so f'd up that you have to permanently cage it for your own safety, keeping it around is just delusional.

And the cat in the video definently should be put down. I would have gone iside to get a lead injection kit for it. If a dog did that it would be labeled as a menace.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Deaths from house cat bites have got to be pretty rare. I've probably been bitten and scratched hundreds of times by my cats over the years while playing with them. On those occasions where the skin was broken I just applied disinfectant.

Never got an infection and I believe I'm still alive. Smile

Laurie's right, though. Human bites are far more dangerous. (Which is why I never bit my cat back.)
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2927 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Clean it immediately. It's a puncture wound sealing over with bacteria trapped that's problematic. Blood poisoning's a distinct possibility.

As for the humans: Http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/218901-overview

One to be wary of, depending on location, is the bat. Some people get bitten without realizing it. I'm not worried about them so much, though, or any animal bite, really, because I've been vaccinated against rabies- I used to work in a vet clinic and got myself vaccinated to ease my worried mind. Smile Just need to check the titer following a bite. So far, at last check, still immune. Should be lifelong, from what I hear.

That's a vaccine policy I don't understand. It's not covered. Cost me probably near $300.00 to have it done- I don't recall the exact figure and it was almost 20 years ago, now. We're talking a deadly disease that by no means has been eradicated. Public health risk. There's a vaccine available. The public is not vaccinated. How come? Outbreak pops up, we'll just kill a few hundred or a thousand animals, create a vacuum and pave the way for the infected to walk right in. If I recall correctly, they did that with the raccoons here awhile back. I'll have to look it up.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I agree, Laurie. When I said I disinfected it immediately, I should have added that I washed it out first and then applied disinfectant.

But I'm probably not a good example since I rarely get infections of any kind and can't even remember the last time I had one.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
My family has a cat named Luna that my wife and I have taken care of before we got our dog Brillo from animal rescue, then my mother in law took care of for some time before she passed away and my step son currently takes care of. She is a bit of a demon cat herself. We left Luna some time ago with my mother in law because we felt Luna could keep her company (it wasn't because we wanted a dog, but we eventually got Brillo afterwards). Very moody and you can only pet her when she wants to be petted and if you try to pet her when she doesn't want to be messed with, you might get scratched. She also has her favorites as far as people. Fortunately, she seems to like me and will generally come up to me when my wife and I visit my son in law and want to be petted. She doesn't like my step-son's girlfriend at all and always growls and hisses at her. Luna can get an attitude like a demon real quick. She currently still lives with my son in law and is always happy to see my wife and I when we visit him.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2927 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Just to follow up on the rabies isssue, here's a bit of it: "depopulation" they called/call it. They, the Ministry- ministry, irony, of Natural Resources. 2004 it says, for those who might like to look further.

http://www.wildlifeontario.ca/content/ne......eck.html
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
I mean step son, not son in law, got confused in my writing between mother in law and step son.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20659 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Deaths from house cat bites have got to be pretty rare.

About 30% of cat bites require a doctor's care; death in indeed pretty rare since the invention of antibiotics.

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
I'm sorry, That is ridiculous, domesticated house cats are not kings of the jungle, that's lions. Menace animals should be put down. What if your precious kitty got out and attacked a child ? If a house pet is so f'd up that you have to permanently cage it for your own safety, keeping it around is just delusional.

A lion is a cat - duh. And she is not a menace, that is human ignorance. She is territorial, and all of her behaviors are natural. She is not "permanently" caged, the enclosure is to define her territory. She has no desire to "get out", and if she did she wouldn't attack a child because she would not be in her territory, thus there would be no need to be defensive.

Example: my mom is used to coming over my house and just walking in without knocking. Demon Kitty had never met her before, so when my mom came over Demon started meow'ing at her. My mom ignored her (human superiority complex). Suddenly Demon Kitty started attacking her. So she was not being "aggressive", she was being "defensive" - defending her territory. As I already stated, she is simply mis-understood.

And as Mr. Doyle pointed out, the enclosure solves the territory issue. Her territory is now well defined. The trick now is making sure she doesn't try to claim any other territory - that means limiting her time outside the enclosure. She has free time to roam the house at will. Her cage is actually open right now, only she chooses to stay inside it. That is after all ... her territory, where she feels the most safe. Hopefully in time, she'll spend more time outside the enclosure when she feels more safe to do so.

She is basically a very scared animal - I don't fault her for that considering how many humans wanting to kill her. :/

-JoeJoe
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
The cat attacked your mother for ingoring it and you say that's not aggressive? Your mother's fault? Whatever, dude. WOW!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
She attacked a stranger who was trespassing and refused to identify herself. If it was a dog, you'd pat her on the head and say "good girl". Maybe even give her a treat.

Just because she doesn't behave the way you expect cat to behave does not negate her right to exist.

-JoeJoe
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

It's pretty basic knowledge that when one enters any cat's territory, it is essential to first acknowledge the cat. I mean, how would anyone feel if a stranger entered their room and started making himself at home without at least saying "Hi?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Demon Kitty (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL