The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » One Object Quickly to Another (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
Not really sure whether this is the right place to put this query, but ah well...
Anyway, I'm going to a birthday party in a couple of weeks and plan on messing about with a bit of magic there. I have many card tricks and a couple of random other ones, including the production of a large bunch of fake flowers purchased on anothere occasion with the reason that they were so cheap and so very tacky. The method is one of the few tricks/routines I actually made myself without much input. Anyway, do any of you know a good way of getting them from fake flowers to real flowers that could easily enough be done at the beginning of the night? I have access to the standard array of books (Tarbell, Royal Road etc.), but I didn't want to go looking before I knew that there was a possibility of me finding something that could be of use. An admittedly brief Googling came up with nothing.

Thank you in advance.

As always,
Nathan
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I'm sure there are some "tube" ways in Tarbell that would work, although I've never been keen on those sorts of changes.

You could always just make an origami rose out of flash paper then instantly change that into a rose. Say you'll make a real rose while holding a piece of flash paper that says "real" on it, then bam - it turns into a real rose!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm with David,

Some kind of Magazine roll effect sounds like it could work.

-Mary Mowder
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you have a couple of weeks only then go with what you know. Save yourself the embarrassment of a misfire.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
All very good ideas. Might go with Danny with it, unfortunately, but I'll have a glance over the "tube" ways in Tarbell, see if I like them. If not I'll come up with something that I know well.
As always,
Nathan
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Yeah, actually Danny is spot on. Look into those techniques for the future, but for now, do what you do well and they'll love it Smile
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
Thank you all very much for the input. While I would love to do it, I would need to spend a lot more time than I have practicing it... Ah well, some other time.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
For a single flower the old fork exchange for knife napkin roll trick could work.

It isn't fast but it could be cute.

-Mary Mowder
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
Thank you, Mary, I'll have a look at it. As I said before, I may not end up doing it, but that sounds interesting.

As always,
Nathan
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I remember seeing that (napkin knife fork switch) on a dvd on magic to do after dinner at the table/impromptu magic. I can't remember what it was called though.
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
The fake flowers I have are too large for the versions I've found, but I think it can be adapted for a later date. There's one that I may do as is at some point, as it requires literally no skill or preparation whatsoever, yet looks awesome. I like the little ones...

As always,
Nathan
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Two e-Books from The Magic Nook to check out- "Flower Power" in The Wizards' Journal #14 and "Flowers That Bloom With a Spring" from The Wizards' Journal # 21.
KirbyKoolAid
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of KirbyKoolAid
I'll check them out when I get to my laptop. Sound useful to some extent, I'm sure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » One Object Quickly to Another (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL