The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What would Mac King do if he started his career all over again? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Ten years ago I asked a group of well known magicians what they would do differently if they were starting out all over again.

We are just about to publish an updated version of the survey and thought it might be fun to re-post the old answers first.

Here they are - http://tinyurl.com/kchkf3j
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
I liked Greg Wilson's comment in particular about what he'd do differently. Lately, I've been doing a lot more stand-up and small stage shows with no illusions. I've also hired big name illusion acts for some big corporate events. Although there's a substantial difference in the gross income, their isn't as big of a difference in the net income between the two. I find it fascinating!

Lou Serrano
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
I found that very interesting too Lou and commented on that the first time it was published.
I have gone through the cycle myself from Solo to a reasonably big Illusion show and then back to Solo.

I think the rise in popularity of "street magic" and then "Mentalism" has somewhat changed the situation where every starting magician perceived that doing a "Big Show" was the only way to create a career.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What would Mac King do if he started his career all over again? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL