The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Alan Wong's Sponge Ladybugs? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Has anyone purchased these?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4481

Any feedback? I know they're not "super soft," so I'm wondering how many I can comfortably fit into the spectator's hands for a climax.

After reading Daffydoug's thread, I made my own ladybugs. But they still look "homemade." These are obviously better looking. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks, everybody!

--Frank
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Frank, I just bought them, and love them. So much I just ordered another set. No they are not super-soft. They work fine, I care for super-soft anyway.
They look very nice as a close up prop!

Nala
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Thanks Nala! That's what I was thinking of doing, buying 2 sets! Have you tried putting 8 in the spec's hand? I do restaurant work for kids, mostly, so I'm wondering if 6 or 8 would be too many. I use 9-10 super soft sponges for my climax now.

Thanks for the feedback, Nala!
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
I have them and I would say they are too firm for 8 in the hand. They look great but I would keep them to a 4 bug routine. IMO Smile
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I also use a 4 "bug" routine.I ordered two sets as I am sure they will get plenty of use!
Nala
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
What's the size of one ladybug compared to spongeballs? 2.5" sponge balls size approx?
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
The Ladybug sponge effect was first thought of as far as I know by Rodney Hulsley. Houdini's put them out. This was in the early part of the last decade. I worked with Rodney at the time that he was developing these and then went to market with them.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Ron Bauer illustrated making ladybugs from sponges in 1983 in a Genii article.

The Clones from Brazil
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Frank I forgot about that. For somereson when Rodney's Lady Bugged came out I had a feeling I had seen the idea before, but couldn't place my finger on why. Now after seening that I do remember.
Honest John T
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Honest John T
Anyone seen Rick Lax do his routine? I confess; I'm baffled.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Quote:
On May 10, 2016, Honest John T wrote:
Anyone seen Rick Lax do his routine? I confess; I'm baffled.

Link please!
Honest John T
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Honest John T
You can see it here. The opening sequence, showing two empty hands is killer. So is the closing sequence. (It's a great routine.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoW_Wub95I
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Wow!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Alan Wong's Sponge Ladybugs? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL