The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival Archives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Can anyone supply some names of circus/carnival archives? I'm out of touch on this ... I know there's a newish one down near Gibsonton, but I believe there are some theatre archives at Lincoln Center and in other places.

I recently started scanning dozens of old Brill plans for rides, shows, acts and attractions, and I'm looking for places better than my desktop to make sure they're preserved. I'll be selling some of these in pdf online (as I do now) but some of these titles will never in a million years get sold or even read except by researchers (31 pages of bad English and worse drawings to build a complicated kiddie ride from junkyard parts, for instance).

Note: I'll gladly donate all my stuff to multiple repositories ...l just get me pointed in the right direction please.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have a few old BRILL catalogs.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Thanks, but not what I needed ... I bought a bunch of plans from a collector, and looked for a suitable repository: tried Library of Congress, Smithsonian, Ringling, all to "meh" reaction. Then I was offered all the plans, EVERY SINGLE ONE, but the owner decided to wait for a bucket of money to be offered. While researching, the best place I could find to offer them to was the International Independent Showmens Museum near Gibtown. But since the deal fell through, like I said, I got nothin' to pass along.

But thanks!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Maybe the Goutinberg Project or Google Archive .
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Illinois State U has a collection. Circus World Museum Library. The Hertzberg Collection in San Antonio.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Ask Alexander
Magic Castle Library
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Carnival Archives (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL