The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mixed gaff deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Help a brother out here....What's the official name of a deck that is just mixed gaffs like blank face, blank back, double back etc.?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Http://www.thecuckoosnest.com/zencart/ze......_id=7061

This is a newer release of "standard" gaffs
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Yeah, I've seen that on a few sites. They look like they are jumbo index though. Don't want that.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
279 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Magic Makers sells the Blue Gaff Deck
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Need Bicycle, not Phoenix.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, pepka wrote:
Need Bicycle, not Phoenix.

Bicycle Special Assortment Deck
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Ellusionist gaff deck: http://www.ellusionist.com/bicycle-gaff-deck.html
Magic Makers (Simon Lovell) gaff deck: http://www.amazon.com/The-Blue-Gaff-Deck......01L128R0
CAJ deck: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S32

These are all Bikes as well.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
FAKO was for a long time the main deck of these things.

Pepka, Ellusionist Gaff Deck will have some of the gaffs you menioned in your OP, but most of them will be of other varieties - funky pips, reveals, etc...

The CAJ deck is similar, but different. For example, in the CAJ deck, you get 4 sets of royal flush cards (10-A) where the spades and clubs are red and the hearts and diamonds are black, so that is 20 of the cards. IIRC, the only cards you get in the category of gaffs you mentioned above are a blank face or three.

The Magic Makers Deck seems to be in the same category, but geared toward specific effects - but these do include some of the gaffs you mentioned. Here is a .pdf file with a list:

http://www.magicmakersinc.com/learnblueg......Deck.pdf

I don't know of a gaff Bike deck with a standard DF, DB, etc..., variety (though Tally Ho has recently come out with a good one!), but they are available in separate, complete decks of each gaff (which you probably already knew).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, Chessmann wrote:

I don't know of a gaff Bike deck with a standard DF, DB, etc..., variety (though Tally Ho has recently come out with a good one!), but they are available in separate, complete decks of each gaff (which you probably already knew).

Did you read the post two above yours?
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
To paraphrase Sherlock Holmes, I "saw" it but didn't "observe" it. So, now I know of one Smile

On another note, its been so long since I've owned an actual FAKO Deck, I can't even remember what kind of gaffs it leaned toward (standard or otherwise)!

Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:

Did you read the post two above yours?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
To paraphrase Sherlock Holmes, I "saw" it but didn't "observe" it. So, now I know of one Smile

On another note, its been so long since I've owned an actual FAKO Deck, I can't even remember what kind of gaffs it leaned toward (standard or otherwise)!

Do you remember the FAKO transfer sheets - where you could roll your own gaffs? I still have a couple of unused ones just waiting to be used.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
None of these are what I'm looking for. A deck, that is a mix of double back, double facers, blank back, blank facers and double blank. It is not meant to be used as a trick, but take a few of these to make up your own packet tricks. Anyone?!?!?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, Kabbalah wrote:

Bicycle Special Assortment Deck

click on it
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Here's the Bicycle Special Assortment Deck at Penguin as well, though it's currently out of stock:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/543
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
I couldn't find one either so I just bought one of each (blank/blanl, face/blank, red/blue etc..).
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2014, Montana76 wrote:
I couldn't find one either so I just bought one of each (blank/blanl, face/blank, red/blue etc..).

Count up two posts above yours.

Was that so hard?
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
I really like the Magic Makers Gaff deck I got several years ago. It was part of the Packet Killer dvd bundle with Simon Lovell. I found it very easy to follow Simon's instructions!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I'm a few days behind. Thanks Tim and Sponge....just what I was looking for!
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2014, darksage wrote:
I really like the Magic Makers Gaff deck I got several years ago. It was part of the Packet Killer dvd bundle with Simon Lovell. I found it very easy to follow Simon's instructions!

Seller Merz67 on a certain auction site sells this deck at a very good price. I got two from them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mixed gaff deck? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL