The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What illusion books talk about lighting? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lifeofwonder
View Profile
New user
Australia
54 Posts

Profile of lifeofwonder
What illusion books do you all recommend that dive into lighting and ways to best present an illusion on stage? I'm a fan of theatre and would love combine illusion and stage effects for the best results.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
Some of the classics on performance such as "magic and showmanship", slightly touch lighting.

The problem is that light tech has changed so much that the magic books that cover lighting are less relevant.

Your better off with a modern lighting book.

Maybe Kevin from living illusions can help with a book title.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The Parker book on stage lighting has been the standard for years.

Lighting has changed a lot though the basic ideas are intact. You are better off learning basic lighting and then go with more sophisticated lighting that makes things easier. Some of the new lights are not even hung but light from the floor.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
lifeofwonder
View Profile
New user
Australia
54 Posts

Profile of lifeofwonder
Thanks, will check them all out.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5753 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Here's one that Bizzaro recommended in his recent podcast: Foundations: The Art of Stage Magic by Eberhard Riese
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2895 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I just responded to another post here ("Pdf or books about stage lighting"). You may want to check it out.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What illusion books talk about lighting? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL