The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Private Eye (130 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Good news - a new ProMystic release will be out soon.

Bad news - PM wrote to their customers asking them to a) like them on Facebook and b) write a review on the website for a previous product to be in with a chance of winning the new trick.

I think incentivised/forced endorsements like this need to be flagged to the community. So that's what I'm doing.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I've been road testing Private Eye since last March and I can tell you without a doubt that you are in for a fantastic new treat!

Craig has created a powerful new tool that can be carried with you every day. Battery life is phenomenal. Range as you would expect is outstanding.

This new product offers capabilities and potential that are unique and limited only by your imagination.

Please don't pm me asking about this as in respect to Craig I think he should do the honors to properly introduce this new member of the ProMystic family.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Hello All,

@saysold1 - thanks for all your hard work on this. Your stage performance was great!

@Jamie - I typically don't respond to such things about my products as some like them and other don't, but I do care when my integrity it brought into question. I work very hard to be reputable and I think there is more in the news letter.

Here is the excerpt of the news letter, and I quote"

1) Like us on Facebook. This is our easiest form of direct communication on current and future product updates.

2) Write a review on our new website for any product that you own and have used. We are looking for honest feedback.

Facebook allows us to more easily communicate with out customers. And as far as the reviews go, I made it perfectly clear that you must own the product, you must have used the product, and we are ONLY looking for honest feedback. Now I ask you, what other Magic Dealer would do this? I only know a few and I stand by my reputation, my products, and my integrity.

Thanks,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I won't respond to Jamie's comments. Not at all.

Craig is using social media to stay in touch with his many very satisfied clients. There us no doubt that ProMystic offers amazing and caring service and ground breaking products.

This is an exciting release - a fantastic new tool for all of us.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
bahamagician
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of bahamagician
Sooooo, any idea as to when we can expect to learn what it is?
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Once again, Pro-Mystic is giving all of us a new tool that can be adapted in so many different ways. I for one am excited for this release and will be putting it to good use in my Magic Theatre. I KNOW my audience is going to love it! You guys are in for another incredible product from the already legendary company that is Pro-Mystic!

In regards to endorsements and like requests on facebook. Craig is only doing what any great business owner would do and rewarding his loyal customers with an opportunity to recieve his latest release for doing something all of us would do for nothing. We should be thankful that Craig continues to pursue excellence and cares enough to offer nothing less than the highest quality products and service.

Max
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Video release on Wednesday,
-Craig

PS - Thanks Max and for all your great input on this and other products
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very much looking forward to this Craig.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
To Jamie Ferguson:

Your summary of Craig's email to his customers was inaccurate and your interpretation was wrongly accusatory. Why didn't you just quote the original?

If you had, anyone could see that the requests Craig made in his newsletter were straightforward and honest -- exactly like Craig himself. (See his post above.)

Craig is one of the truly fine people in magic and mentalism, and his integrity is beyond question. In my view, it would be gracious of you to apologize, but you have been silent since your initial post.

Sincerely,
Jerry
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Craig is one of the good guys in the magic world who produces products that are almost as cool as he is as a person. Nuff said!

luke
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 21, 2014, jerdunn wrote:
To Jamie Ferguson:

Your summary of Craig's email to his customers was inaccurate and your interpretation was wrongly accusatory. Why didn't you just quote the original?

If you had, anyone could see that the requests Craig made in his newsletter were straightforward and honest -- exactly like Craig himself. (See his post above.)

Craig is one of the truly fine people in magic and mentalism, and his integrity is beyond question. In my view, it would be gracious of you to apologize, but you have been silent since your initial post.

Sincerely,
Jerry

I have nothing to apologise for.

I was merely stating that Craig asked for likes and reviews in return for a chance to win his new product. This is a fact.

Now move along...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

I think incentivised/forced endorsements like this need to be flagged to the community. So that's what I'm doing.

Flag yourself please for poor behavior and lousy judgement. No one is forced to do anything.

I don't know what "community" you are referring to Jamie, but in the magic and mentalism community ...Craig is known as one of the best in the business.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Jaime- That is false. He DID NOT ask for favorable reviews in return for a chance to win. Please quote exactly where you claim he did.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I just received the ProMystic email. It was easy to understand:

(A) "Like" on Facebook.

(B) Write an "honest" review (favorable or unfavorable) of a PM product.

This action makes you eligible for the random drawing. Even somebody who gives a negative review can win the prize. Seems fair to me. BTW, the original post used the words "incentivized" and "endorsement." The word endorsement seems to give the idea that only positive reviews were being requested. They aren't. Maybe there is a subtle difference in meaning of the word "endorsement" between the US and the UK?

Craig's reputation speaks for itself.

The magic community should cry foul when it is warranted. But this isn't such a case IMHO.

Respectfully,
MJ
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Jamie is usually good at cut and paste.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Jaime- That is false. He DID NOT ask for favorable reviews in return for a chance to win. Please quote exactly where you claim he did.

Bob - that is false.

I did not mention anything about 'favourable' reviews.

Please quote exactly where you claim I did.

By 'endorsement' I was referring to asking people to like your Facebook page in return for a chance to win something. Similar to me asking people to like this post in return for a favour. That is incentivising endorsement is it not?
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
I am proud to say that I own several of Craig's brilliant effects and look forward to seeing his latest addition
I have found Craig to be one of the nicest and most helpful of people to deal with as an example several years ago
I emailed Craig from the U.K and told him I was having problems with my Solstace Wallet not one of Craig's products or supplied by
him.
He said to bring it along to the Magic Live convention that I was going to that year and he would have a look for me
During the convention he converted the wallet to work with my ProMystic receiver and made a very nominal charge for his time
I will never forget that he took time out from his very busy schedule to do that for me

To question his integrity is shameful and totally unjust
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:

Bob - that is false.

I did not mention anything about 'favourable' reviews.

Please quote exactly where you claim I did.

By 'endorsement' I was referring to asking people to like your Facebook page in return for a chance to win something. Similar to me asking people to like this post in return for a favour. That is incentivising endorsement is it not?

Just say "I'm sorry" and wrap this up like a man huh? Sheesh. Enough of the defensive bs.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
The latest exchange I had with Craig were absolutely amazing. Fast answer, very nice and very reactive ! I will have one of his products within the week but if they are as good as him, I don't have to worry ^^
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Times have changed huh!
Might as well just publicly write down all your props, sources and methods on your facebook wall.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Private Eye (130 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL