The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Private Eye (130 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Amen.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Amen x 2

For some level headed discussion and debate see you all at inner thoughts.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Jamie -

You are lying sir. Shame on you.

If you are insinuating that I've emailed you - that would be a straight out lie. Not the truth.

If that is what you are insinuating I suggest you prove it. Proof.

Proof would not be possible since the empty accusations you direct at me are fabricated and frankly sad.

The only reputation in tatters is yours apparently. It's been strange to watch you once again watch you tangle yourself up (yet again) in your own self inflicted mess.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Jamie:

Coming from the guy that has previously been BANNED here before... that is a fact.

I've never been banned btw.

So ya keep talking and spinning the lies Jamie...

I and many others won't miss you or your inflamatory, trolling and deceitful accusatory comments.

You said you were going away (hurrah!), but somehow you keep digging deeper and deeper and deeper. You feed off this stugg huh?

I can tell you with certainly that the creator of this effect was not at all happy about your disparaging and unhelpful comments - which is what started this whole waste of a thread.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I've never been banned. Anyone can ask the mods to verify this. Yet another petty slur on my character.

Craig did appreciate my (and others) point of view. I know this for a fact. Watch out for changes he'll be making to his facebook page and competition as a result of this thread soon. Smile

Craig's reputation has always been intact.

My reputation for fighting to keep secrets is intact.

I will refrain from commenting on others reputations for fear of reprisal.
zoltan
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of zoltan
Jamie - Can you do everyone in Scotland a favour and remove your location from your profile. Every time I spot one of your posts I cringe but you make it worse on this international platform by adding Scotland in there. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and empty vessels certainly make the most noise, but you're not doing us any favours with your constant arguing and trolling.
I say in 200 words what most people say in 20.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Done.
zoltan
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of zoltan
Well it's more than I actually hoped for - appreciated.
I say in 200 words what most people say in 20.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I've never been banned. Anyone can ask the mods to verify this. Yet another petty slur on my character.

Craig did appreciate my (and others) point of view. I know this for a fact. Watch out for changes he'll be making to his facebook page and competition as a result of this thread soon. Smile

Any changes Craig makes now were of his own making and in the works long ago...and discussed long before your empty-headed rants.

Au contraire - He did NOT appreciate your acidic original post - prior to the spinning - and it was a jab at ProMystic. Readers can go back and review your original blathering post.

As we all know Craig is one of the nicest and most honorable people in the business.

Not nice to burn bridges Jamie but somehow you are lke a moth drawn to the flames. Ouch.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, zoltan wrote:
Well it's more than I actually hoped for - appreciated.

No problem. I always respond positively to honest, straight talkers. A classic Scottish trait.
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Good news - a new ProMystic release will be out soon.

Bad news - PM wrote to their customers asking them to a) like them on Facebook and b) write a review on the website for a previous product to be in with a chance of winning the new trick.

I think incentivised/forced endorsements like this need to be flagged to the community. So that's what I'm doing.

It is clear most think you are a jerk for posting this and, yet. you are quite proud of the action you enabled (hip, hip, hoorah for you). But, don't you think it would have been more honorable, just as effective, and less inflammatory, to just email Craig? Or PM Craig? Call Craig? Running theme: Contact Craig? You seem to respect Craig. Why not assume he hadn't thought it through completely and give him your input. If you really wanted to make a change and not just start a fire, why did you not just, again, contact Craig?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I'm a straight shooter.

You might argue with my method.

But you can't argue with the result. Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I might add something.

Alakazam are currently offering a weekly prize draw. The first week, in order to enter, you had to like the page on FB. There was a lot of swag on offer, but I didn't enter, for precisely the reasons mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Almost none of my friends are magicians. Why should I give them any clue at all how any of this stuff is done? **** no.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Nice one tomsk192. Good man. If this thread acts as a catalyst to stop this 'facebook like' exposure across the board, then I don't mind taking flak.

On another note I think I've sussed why saysold1 is so nasty to me. I saw him on the PM vid. A short fella, explains everything.
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
"Straight Shooter"??

Is that what you call someone without the tact and courtesy to respectfully point out a concern directly and discretely. I call that one a backstabber. The only reason your "method" worked was because Craig was informed. Your "method" was clunky and disruptive. So, yes, I am arguing with your method. And, with respect to the result, some merchants might "punish" you for this sort of behavior. Not Craig, because he is a stand-up guy. But your "result" could have been disastrous (to you)..why risk it?

Is that what you call someone who can't take a hint from his "peers" that he was indeed disrespectful and could have used a better "method." Someone unwilling to be self-reflective enough to consider he made an error? I call that one egotistical.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I broke some eggs. I made an omelette.

A movement to stop exposure on facebook via 'likes' within our industry has begun.

Craig is at the forefront of this (as he often is).

Look for the positives kendodd Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
To be honest, kendodd, Jamie is a maverick. If he were a cop, he'd be the kind who was always under pressure, because the D.A. was gonna bust his ass. He rides alone, on a pale horse. Love him or hate him, he is a sharp shooter with few friends and fewer equals. There's one man on these boards, we'll call him 'Short-Stop', who has sworn a deadly oath of vengeance against Jamie. Imagine living with that threat...

Don't overthink it, kendodd, and if it all gets too much, you always have your diddy stick.
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
I see the positive. I think any thinking performer would not "like" the source and explanation for his "powers." That seems obvious. Making those sources aware of that is a positive.

I also see a fantastic pass when I look in the mirror. But it takes someone else to tell me it looks like crap.

You broke eggs and dropped a bunch of shells into it, so it tastes like crap and no one wants to eat it. Or no one wants to eat with you.

Time for some new reading glasses...K..E..N..O..D..A..D. Or John works.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I like to think of you as more of a kendodd Smile
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
To be honest, kendodd, Jamie is a maverick. If he were a cop, he'd be the kind who was always under pressure, because the D.A. was gonna bust his ass. He rides alone, on a pale horse. Love him or hate him, he is a sharp shooter with few friends and fewer equals. There's one man on these boards, we'll call him 'Short-Stop', who has sworn a deadly oath of vengeance against Jamie. Imagine living with that threat...

Don't overthink it, kendodd, and if it all gets too much, you always have your diddy stick.

Gandhi was a maverick and Hitler was a maverick. Should we not strive for one over the other? Should we not strive for respectful communication?

Not sure what a "diddy stick" is, so don't really know how to take that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Private Eye (130 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL