The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trickster Presents Collision (DVD and Gimmick) by Tom Wright - DVD (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
themagicbluecat
View Profile
New user
uk
15 Posts

Profile of themagicbluecat
I've been lucky enough to see collision from it's creation and have seen Tom perform it several times to great reactions.
The gimmick is extremely well made and therefore not cheap but will last a lifetime.
I never mind paying for a quality trick so long as I will use it.

I will use collision in my parlour show and as a final trick at a walk round gig.

Looking forward to seeing what else will come from the Trickster brand.
stokesmagic1
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of stokesmagic1
Hmm. Looks pretty good, but hardly practical, is it? I mean, who is going to be around to collect the pieces afterwards? Oh right. The magician. This is just a modern version of 52 card pick up. Sorry Tom, I can only see this as a one-off parlour or stage routine. No use whatever for walkaround or tables.
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
Hi Stokesmagic1 thankyou for posting your first ever post on the collision thread, collision is great when you have a big crowed and want to end your set with a bang. it also works for parlour and stage however if you want to do it for a table at the end of the night there is nothing stopping you. If you don't want to do it at tables you don't have to, it's your choice.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, stokesmagic1 wrote:
Hmm. Looks pretty good, but hardly practical, is it? I mean, who is going to be around to collect the pieces afterwards? Oh right. The magician. This is just a modern version of 52 card pick up. Sorry Tom, I can only see this as a one-off parlour or stage routine. No use whatever for walkaround or tables.

RED ALERT! A one post wonder criticising a new product.

Tom, ignore him/her.

I think Collision is a great idea. I can imagine the theatre and spectacle this will bring to any performance arena.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
It looks too convoluted and is a step backwards for the card stab (not as clean and direct ss the original)
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I like this plot, but how can it is physically possible (in the mind of a spectator) to stab a (light) flying card with a fork ? It might work, but some spectators could become suspicious as the possibility of this... don't you think so ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
Doriancaudal if you don't want to stab the whole card through you can just catch the card between the prongs of the fork, you can even make it
Look like you just caught it. This is just one of different ways to do it on the dvd. Hope that helps Smile
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1303 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, Magicboy! wrote:
Doriancaudal if you don't want to stab the whole card through you can just catch the card between the prongs of the fork, you can even make it
Look like you just caught it. This is just one of different ways to do it on the dvd. Hope that helps Smile

We'll to be fair Tom, the ad and demo are for a card stab not card catch.

It does beg the question also for the stab as to how easy it's going to be for the magician to load the card on the gimmick?
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
Ray, you don't have to load anything if you don't want to all depends if your doing the signed card version or torn corner
Arron_Jones
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Arron_Jones
The demo shows the main routine which is the stab. The load is easy in all versions and one doesn't even need a load as Tom pointed out.

Secondly Ricky Vancouver, I believe this is a step forward as forks are at almost every booking/gig you go to. When was the last time you saw a sword hanging up at a gig and asked if you could borrow it?

Also the genius of Toms creation here is the simplicity of the handling what you catch/stab is only limited by your imagination. The three routines taught are the three Tom and I thought thought of and after spending almost 6 months trying them out at our own gigs we knew we had something special.

As for in the mind of a spectator thinking it isn't possible to to stab a card in mid flight...Well of course. It isn't possible to make a card levitate, it isn't possible to put a card into the center of the deck and without cutting the deck it appears on top, it isn't possible to make fire come out of your wallet. Magic is all about making the impossible possible Smile !!!! No spectator has ever questioned COLLISION. Its an easy to follow display of the magicians incredible skill.

Hope this helps to answer some of your questions Smile
cchesmark
View Profile
New user
Houston
33 Posts

Profile of cchesmark
I thought of some interesting ways to justify the physics behind the fork being able to puncture the card in mid-air. Here's one example: "Bruce Lee was obsessed with pushing his body to the limit. One of his goals before he died was to be able to thrust his finger through a wooden board with the board not breaking, but being punctured by his finger. After he died, among his possessions were found boards in 1/2 inch dents from his fingers." You can take it from there. It's actually a true story. With enough speed, it would be possible, and aren't we supposed to be magic?
Chad Chesmark / Corporate & Cruise Ship Magician & Mentalist
www.ChadChesmark.com
Magician in Houston, Texas
https://texasschoolshows.com/MAGICIAN-IN-HOUSTON
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, cchesmark wrote:
I thought of some interesting ways to justify the physics behind the fork being able to puncture the card in mid-air. Here's one example: "Bruce Lee was obsessed with pushing his body to the limit. One of his goals before he died was to be able to thrust his finger through a wooden board with the board not breaking, but being punctured by his finger. After he died, among his possessions were found boards in 1/2 inch dents from his fingers." You can take it from there. It's actually a true story. With enough speed, it would be possible, and aren't we supposed to be magic?

I think that is an excellent idea, love it!!! Gonna try this opening for sure!!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Hum ... U can add something more by demonstrating something real : for example : taking a cigarette and penetrate it through a card ? Just an idea . Smile
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Hum ... U can add something more by demonstrating something real : for example : taking a cigarette and penetrate it through a card ? Just an idea . Smile

Another great idea!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, Magicboy! wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2014, Magician560 wrote:

Another great idea!

Thanks Smile . Throwing in more magic moments at the right time is always good .

- Albert Einstein
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I have this. It's exactly what I thought when I saw the demo, but dismissed it as I thought someone must have created that before. Turns out people did, but not with this object and in this quality. The DVD is well produced and very funny.

Quality of the gimmick is SUPERB

This is very doable. He also teaches an "ungimmicked" way of doing the intercessor.

I shall use this!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

But for 95 bucks , do you think it's worth it ? I currently don't have a lot of spare cash so I am thinking carefully before spending .

- Albert Einstein
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
But for 95 bucks , do you think it's worth it ? I currently don't have a lot of spare cash so I am thinking carefully before spending .

Well, if you perform it regularly , it pays for itself. If it's occasional, no. It's a LOT of money for what you get, even though I don't doubt that it costs a lot to produce, people never see it, so...
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
Sashac,

Really glad you liked collision! We had a scream making the dvd!

You are right, the gimmick did cost a lot to produce! But we wanted choose the best material to last a life time

If you have any questions let me know by private msg.

Thanks, Tom wright
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

I kinda sense this cannot be performed surrounded ? Wil the load be seen from the back ?
I will give this a go if I can perform surrounded .

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trickster Presents Collision (DVD and Gimmick) by Tom Wright - DVD (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL