The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water & Ice by Rick Lax (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I should have pulled the trigger on this for $10. I have a large supply of the gimmick needed for this, I've just been looking for a routine. Too bad just the routine itself isn't available. Ce la vie.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, Kaliix wrote:
I should have pulled the trigger on this for $10. I have a large supply of the gimmick needed for this, I've just been looking for a routine. Too bad just the routine itself isn't available. Ce la vie.

Hey Kaliix,

This trick is MADE for you! I think you'll find the routine is worth the $20. Really, the 'gimmick' is a small portion of the price. There was a lot of thought put into the routine, by me and real performers like Justin Flom and Shimshi. I'd like to think the routine is $20 and the 'gimmick' is just a bonus. Lord knows, there are a lot of routines out there that cost more.

And small side note: the particular gimmick Penguin offers is really stellar. I have played with a lot of different variations of the gimmick, and this stuff is the best in a couple respects.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, jtmorris wrote:
Great routine! Watching that girl eat the ice, I wonder if people would try to eat the snow lol

Nice work Rick

Thanks jt!

Gosh, hasn't happened yet...but if they do try to eat it, I don't think it'll do them any harm.

Now, if they try to snort the snow, all bets are off.

Well I wasn't even looking at this because it is not exactly my style but evidently now I have to get it just to snort the snow and see what happens.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Just got the gimmick in today and tried it out. This is seriously genius! As long as you don't mind the necessary preparation and can make the right conditions to perform it, Water & Ice works exactly as advertised. It is super easy to do, and it does look really eerie as the ice rises. Worth every penny, and thank you Rick for an awesome routine!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Bought it too. Wish you would go ahead and do a penguin lecture Rick! Except not with anything you've released so far as I've scooped em all up...hehe. Is the secret ingredient reusable or must you dispose of it?
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, sgtgrey wrote:
Just got the gimmick in today and tried it out. This is seriously genius! As long as you don't mind the necessary preparation and can make the right conditions to perform it, Water & Ice works exactly as advertised. It is super easy to do, and it does look really eerie as the ice rises. Worth every penny, and thank you Rick for an awesome routine!

Great to hear, man!
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, MagicBrent wrote:
Bought it too. Wish you would go ahead and do a penguin lecture Rick! Except not with anything you've released so far as I've scooped em all up...hehe. Is the secret ingredient reusable or must you dispose of it?

Not reusable, I'm afraid. :/ But on the plus side, it's not too expensive either.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My "stuff" arrived, and all I can say is it's the GOOD STUFF, man!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, daffydoug wrote:
My "stuff" arrived, and all I can say is it's the GOOD STUFF, man!

Wonderful. Wonderful.
Enjoy your stuff.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Rick- whose idea is the rising animation of the ice? Because if you'll excuse the pun, that's hella cool.

In fact, the whole routine is sweet!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Ben Train wrote:
Rick- whose idea is the rising animation of the ice? Because if you'll excuse the pun, that's hella cool.

In fact, the whole routine is sweet!

Hey Ben. My idea. Smile

Spent a long, long time figuring out the coolest thing to be done with this 'stuff' and the Ice Volcano was at the top of my list. And then it was Shimshi and Bizzaro and Justin Flom who helped me with the routing....what to say, when to say it, etc...
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
How dependent on having/using the proper cups is this method? How common or easy to obtain they are is irrelevant to me.

Is if possible to do using other cups that would be on hand or more common to a given performance venue?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, Kaliix wrote:
How dependent on having/using the proper cups is this method? How common or easy to obtain they are is irrelevant to me.

Is if possible to do using other cups that would be on hand or more common to a given performance venue?

You have to use these particular, easy-to-obtain cups. So if that's a deal breaker, trick probably isn't right for ya. :/
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Ordering the cups from Amazon is a good idea if you don't mind that shipping . Or you can choose to ship it using the mini helicopter .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Some of you have asked about performing the first phase only. And I think the Ice Rising alone is pretty dang cool. That would look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gaBvFjN5as

Enjoy!
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Some of you have asked about performing the first phase only. And I think the Ice Rising alone is pretty dang cool. That would look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gaBvFjN5as

Enjoy!

Great performance.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Thx man.

"That looks easy enough for me to do."

-Rick's Non-Magician Dad
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Actually I prefer the entire effect with the entire phrase , it looks more stunning and has an unexpected ending ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water & Ice by Rick Lax (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL