The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chop cup joke (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I'm not the most creative guy around, but I think I've created a joke (a couple of years ago). I think it works best on the streets. Here it goes: "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and one ball. I only have one cup due to financial reasons, I only have one ball due to medical reasons."
Tadaa! Well, OK, not the greatest joke... But feel free to use it if you like it.

Hawkan
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2014, Hawkan wrote:
I'm not the most creative guy around, but I think I've created a joke (a couple of years ago). I think it works best on the streets. Here it goes: "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and one ball. I only have one cup due to financial reasons, I only have one ball due to medical reasons."
Tadaa! Well, OK, not the greatest joke... But feel free to use it if you like it.

Hawkan

Funny!!!;-)
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Its a good line. I like it
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
".....after a while, Eggs begin to fly(!),
maybe a Tomatoe or two!
A Glass of Water,.
..and a Lemon,.. would round out a pretty good meal!
...if I only had a Plate!" (produce folding plate from Hat).

sorry,
i've been drinking...
gallaglur
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Hahaha! What..?! Sober up young man and come back tomorrow Smile

Hĺkan
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I like subtle humor, leaving them to fill in the blanks. If it were me I'd rephrase it something like this:

"Usually, this trick is done with three cups and one ball. For financial reasons I only have one cup, for medical reasons..." I'm sure someone will pick up on it in the lull and finish the punch line for you. If no reaction, you can elect to deliver the punch line yourself.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I like it. Let's the audience make the connection. Good writing.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Dave: Yes, that would absolutely work. Thanks for the input.
Hĺkan
KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
I Agree with Dave, much better!

Also, I'd change the first part to "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and three balls." That way the "ball" punch line makes more sense and most 3 cup routines use three balls.

I know it's nit-picky but it stood out to me.
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Kendal: that is correct. That is what I actually say. Call it a typo/thinko. We have 33 C over here..
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13396 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, KendallScot wrote:
I Agree with Dave, much better!

Also, I'd change the first part to "Usually, this trick is done with three cups and three balls." That way the "ball" punch line makes more sense and most 3 cup routines use three balls.

I know it's nit-picky but it stood out to me.

That's not nit-picky at all and I thought exactly the same thing. But then so did the OP Smile

There's a lot of precision in comedy even tho it doesn't seem like it. This is one example.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chop cup joke (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL